New To ICS, Couple of Questions (i.e. Music app etc)

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm new to ICS with the Nexus and had a couple of quick questions, specifically relating to a music app on the phone. I know I have Google Music pre-installed and was curious if that is my default music app?

I ask because I noticed that when I saved / downloaded a song (from my Amazon MP3 cloud), I had no idea where to find it. Eventually I saw it in Google Music, but couldn't tell if it was locally saved or saved to GM's cloud.

Also, if I manually download a podcast or any other audio file, where does it go? On my EVO 4G, we had the Music app and it was simple to find, but with ICS I am a little more confused.

Also, any other ICS tips that people can share? I love that the phone is pure Google / Android, even having to install Flash myself (not pre-installed), but if anyone else came from the EVO or can point out other aspects of ICS that will help the transition, that would be great :)

I love ICS and started creating folders, swiping apps closed and the like...but feel free to share any other goodies!

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally I disable the Play music app. Like you, I download podcasts, usually from the source and not a podcast app. So say I'm gonna download the Android Central Podcast today, the one I missed last night, I go to podcasts and download it and surprise I can't find it on the play music app. You basically have to do a media scan to find it in the play music app. You can download a free app called rescan media. All that app does is tells android to rescan for new media.

My alternative is to use a 3rd party music app. My choice is UberMusic, it looks fantastic (if you like the Windows Phone look). It has a rescan media option in the menus. I've never ever run into the problem of not finding what I'm looking for. Also has folder views.

Just my 2 cents, everybody likes different things, that's the beauty of Android. :)

Reactions: stimulatedboredom

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Do yourself a big favor and install a file browser app, so you can find, copy, move, delete, create new directories and such on the phone's storage. I use ES File Explorer. There are several good ones in the market.

Then you can go into the Download directory and move podcasts to a podcast folder or whatever if you want. Etc.