Camera Flash Randomly Not Working

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that my camera flash just randomly stopped working. Anyone else getting this?

My flashlight app does not work either but for some reason the flash in instagram works......

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
After a restart the flash still did not work, however it did work on my flashlight widget.

Even though no one encountered this problem, I thought I'd leave the solution that worked for me in case any people are Googling to get here:

The support tech had me reset the phone by taking the battery out. That did not work.

Then they had me go to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Camera.

In the camera app section, press "Clear Data".

This fixed it.

SCHowe

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This also worked for me but not until I cleared the camera data, removed the battery & then rebooted. But that was the solution:-$

Tulsi17

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I didn't try just rebooting first, but I cleared my data from the Camera (and the flashlight app for good measure) and then rebooted! I didn't have to take the battery out. My flashlight app now works. Thanks so much!

Alfred Chan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
i couldn't find the Camera in my Apps, i'm using Huawei P6. However i figured out another way to fix this.
if anyone couldn't find the Camera in Settings>All Apps, you may go into your camera, open up the setting, and then look for "reset".
the camera will be fix! :) // don't worry, it will only reset your camera settings, you may change the setting for resolutions, etc back later.

Brandon Wilson 492

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
My flashlight wasn't working at all and flash for camera randomly worked.
I did as instructed and cleared data for the camera.
Now flashlight and flash for camera working flawlessly.

Rebooting/resetting was not needed.

Thank you!

TuulilovesRiku

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know what we can do to keep it from happening? Or at least sometimes? I have to clear the data and redo the settings every time that I use my camera. It's really annoying. 😒

Posted via the Android Central App