Help Me Decide If I should Buy One

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have an Epic Touch now and I HATE a few things.

1. I can't silence the camera shutter sound. It renders my camera useless in many scenarios. Can I silence it on the Nexus?

2. When listening to music in my car connected to the aux port and a call comes in I have to unplug the cord and answer the phone. It won't allow me to just hit the speaker phone button and answer the call on speaker and hear the caller through the cars speaker. COPMLETELY USELESS!!!!! How does it work on the Nexus?

I also am not thrilled that the Nexus screen is Pentile but honestly, I haven't been too thrilled with text clarity on my SII. Does the increased resolution make it better on the Nexus?

I used to get amazing battery life on my SII but it seems to have gone downhill since the last update. Should the Nexus be comparable?

I have 2 upgrades available but I am going to pay full retail for the phone so I want to make sure I'll be happy with it.

I hate the fact that the Nexus doesn't have a sd card slot but at least it has a removable battery. That's why I'm ruling out the new EVO. The battery is absolutely essential to me and how I use the phone.

Also, what are the odds that the Nexus would fit in my current SII battery charger/stand? That would be awesome it I could use the one I already have.

I really want to try a stock Android experience. It may just come down to that.

Thanks!

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The screen is nice and clear and battery life is good. But...the wifi, GPS and 3g reception on my g nexus are laughable compared to my EVO 4G or EVO Design. I'm sure you had some poor reception issues with you epic touch, so that isn't any better. I'm ditching it for EVO LTE since I need good reception for work travel.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
GPS is the only one of the issues that I have had. For some reason it has been working good lately.

I just don't know (especially since I'm paying full price) if I should get one or not.

I'll have to go and actually try one out I guess.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and stop into AT&T to see an HTC One X. Wow. That is gorgeous. Hopefully the EVO LTE in person will be just as nice or nicer with it's extra features. I'm ditching my GNexus for EVO LTE. The GNexus is really nice, but certain small things that Sense does make it much better in daily use IMO and the HTC radios should continue to be much, much better for WiFi and 3G than Samsung. There was a reason why I never buy Samsung products and a week with a GNexus proved that yet again.

If not for the great way that Sprint treats me, I'd go get that white One X in a heartbeat. It's terrific.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech