Just returned my One X and ordered a GSM GN!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
I like a lot of other people were extremely anxious waiting for the HTC One X to finally come out to market. Well, after owning it for two weeks I was terribly disappointed. I loved the phone but it had too many bugs to deal with. Im now back using my Skyrocket which is a very good phone in its own right.

However, after using ICS for my brief stint I knew I had to have a phone with it again. So last night I ordered up the unlocked GSM version from Google.

My main question is: What should I be concerned with right out of the box? What is the first thing you would suggest I change? Any Rom updates that I should immedately install?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Damn, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum thread. Admin, can you please move?

eps1lon3

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
The GNex in general doesn't have stellar battery life. You may want to invest in another battery.

That's from my own experience at least lol.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The GNex in general doesn't have stellar battery life. You may want to invest in another battery.

That's from my own experience at least lol.

Ive heard that the GSM version does last a bit longer than its CDMA cousins. So Im just hoping to get a days use out of it before it goes on the charger at night. Thats enough for me.

Modtronix

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Having the cdma cousin, you ought get the battery life you are expecting. However GNex radios are iffy at best. in my experience... look into flashing another if need be.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ive heard that the GSM version does last a bit longer than its CDMA cousins. So Im just hoping to get a days use out of it before it goes on the charger at night. Thats enough for me.

Yes the GSM battery lasts a lot longer then the CDMA version....I see people pull a few more hours of on screen time with their GSM stock battery then I do with my 2100mah extended CDMA battery.

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you use your phone super heavily with GPS, Bluetooth, and wifi on you won't get half a day on a stock battery. I go for on average 12+ hours with casual usage with 3g/hspa, GPS and wifi on and about 16+ with 2g only and heavier usage with GPS and wifi on. If I use nav apps though I plug in. It really wouldn't hurt to grab an extended battery if you want to be certain.
You should at least unlock your bootloader when you get it, I didn't and took half a day to get everything set back up how I like it.
Best of luck and welcome to the club!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mileage definitely varies. My CDMA Gnex goes about 24 to 28 hours on WiFi with about an hour of calling and 2 to 4 hours of screen time each day on average.

While traveling using 3G a lot the battery needs charging after 18 hours typically. So I rarely worry about charging during the day.

Longest I've gone without charging was 40 hours, but that was very light usage.

Stock battery.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday finally. Unlocked it and installed AOKP and the Franco kernal. This will be my first full day of use with it like that so Ill have to see how it goes.

Next up will be finding the right radio. Ive heard there are better APN's out there so I have to figure out which one has been working the best.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday finally. Unlocked it and installed AOKP and the Franco kernal. This will be my first full day of use with it like that so Ill have to see how it goes.

Next up will be finding the right radio. Ive heard there are better APN's out there so I have to figure out which one has been working the best.

I wish I could go back to FC12. Radio varies badly from good days to horrible days on FD02. The phone was sweet with signal when I first got it, then the FD02 radio upgrade and now the battery drainage has been significantly increased.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad