08-11-2012 11:54 AM
72 123
tools
    I haven't had any problems either. Solid and consistent performance. Battery life seems to be increasing with use. Perhaps I'm just messing with it less. In either case, pure Google is great. The screen is gorgeous and I love the soft menu buttons that get out of the way. - NerdBoyMSM on the Twitter
    06-08-2012 12:20 AM
    Picked up a Gnex yesterday, no issues yet... 3g can be a bit spotty, but I think that is Sprint's network in my town and not the phone. 3g could get flaky at times with my Evo Shift....
    06-11-2012 12:32 PM
    I am still very much in an internal debate between the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I really want to have a Pure Google Phone though.
    Yeah, I struggled with the same decision, but chose to pick up my GNex 2 days ago. Yes, Galaxy SIII has more power, but it also has TouchWiz - ugly and Samsung seems very bad at updating. In the end, if you plan on rooting your phone, probably should consider the Galaxy SIII - if not, Galaxy Nexus.

When I purchased my Nexus S a while back, I was conflicted between the the NS and the EVO 3D. I had a great experience with NS and now a lot of people recognize that the 3D was not that great. Also, because Google updates, I have been using ICS for some time (a few months) before I purchased my new GNex. As of even today, I do not believe that the 3D has ICS - yet. So, I was very happy with my decision. So, when deciding between the GNex, Evo LTE, and SIII, I chose to go with what worked best last time.
    Ahlbayte likes this.
    06-11-2012 03:50 PM
    I do not believe that this is a problem with the GNex per se, but is anyone running Beautiful Widgets? If so, is geolocation working for you guys? It worked on my Nexus S running ICS, but it does not work with the GNex. Anyone else have this problem?
    06-11-2012 03:53 PM
    I do not believe that this is a problem with the GNex per se, but is anyone running Beautiful Widgets? If so, is geolocation working for you guys? It worked on my Nexus S running ICS, but it does not work with the GNex. Anyone else have this problem?
    Just checked...BW geolocation is working great for me. I sometimes have to force a GPS lock with MapMyRun by starting Navigation, but other than that location services are excellent.
    06-11-2012 08:42 PM
    Flawless OS and solid hardware as far as I'm concerned. But like I said in a previous post that reverting to Sprint's 3G can be frustrating. Ymmv I guess.
    06-15-2012 07:29 PM
    2100, 2200. Whatever it takes.

Thanks.

Mav.
    Awesome Mr. Mom reference....I use that line a lot, but not a lot of people get it anymore, lol.
    07-27-2012 12:32 PM
    This phone is cool

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    07-27-2012 12:49 PM
    So far I love this phone. I am on my 2nd GNEX though. My 1st one was defective. The battery would get super hot just surfing the web The internal temp made it up to 129.6 F according to the smart battery app.

According to sprint it shorted out 2 batteries. becuase it is such a new phone, and because the tech guy @ the sprint store is a nerd like me who watched the google i/o conference online he gave me a brand new one out of the box instead of a refurb which was GREAT! He got all 5's on his review.

The only bad thing about this phone is the batt life I get, which is somewhere around 7-12 hrs. Thats with med usage I would say. Nothing to crazy. I think it could also be I'm in poor signal areas a lot. My stupid job is in an old warehouse which sucks for cell phone signals, and i'm always around 1-3 bars usually never more than that.

Other than those things I LOVE the GNEX! and can't wait for JB........... HURRY UP SPRINT!

DAMNIT!!!
    07-27-2012 10:15 PM
    How snug does that Hyperion case fit? I was wondering because i have Ghost Armor on my phone (don't hate, it does what it needs to ) but I love the idea of this case, its exactly what I need. I was wondering if the case will fit over the GA cause it'd be PERFECT if it did.
    07-27-2012 11:49 PM
    This phone is great, I upgraded from a Nexus One so big improvement. Only complaint is battery.
    07-31-2012 03:34 PM
    I came from the sii epic 4g touch. Love vanilla. Battery life seems same to me. Consistent 15 hours of battery life. No issues except sometimes there's a crackle in the earpiece when talking on the phone anyone else experience this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    07-31-2012 08:47 PM
    This phone is great no any problem so far

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-07-2012 12:15 PM
    Switching over from the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. Is this a wise move?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-2012 07:57 PM
    Switching over from the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. Is this a wise move?

I'm glad I did so much nicer without touchwiz and the phone size is more comfortable. The only thing I was really worried about was the camera but I have no complaints about it.

08-07-2012 08:51 PM
    I'm glad I did so much nicer without touchwiz and the phone size is more comfortable. The only thing I was really worried about was the camera but I have no complaints about it.

I've heard it actually takes better still shots, despite the 5mp camera. True, false, bueller?

08-08-2012 12:02 AM
    I can't tell the difference. Lol

08-08-2012 07:35 AM
    Awesome Mr. Mom reference....I use that line a lot, but not a lot of people get it anymore, lol.
    The smart ones do.

Sent via EVO LTE
    08-08-2012 07:46 AM
    I can't tell the difference. Lol

Sold!

TnA206 likes this.
    08-08-2012 12:09 PM
    Anyone get black dots on black screens? Lol I'm a little worried about these dots being all over (black screen only, no dead pixels that I have seen) but I heard that's just because of amoled. Thoughts?

TnA206 likes this.
    08-11-2012 03:26 AM
    Anyone get black dots on black screens? Lol I'm a little worried about these dots being all over (black screen only, no dead pixels that I have seen) but I heard that's just because of amoled. Thoughts?

Would they show up on a screen capture?

08-11-2012 06:18 AM
    Would they show up on a screen capture?

No. I can can't only see them on a black screen ina dark room, and they do not show up on screen capture.

08-11-2012 11:54 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD