No problems with my Galaxy Nexus. Anyone else?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have seen many a thread about the problems that people are having with their Nexus phones.
I wanted to start a thread for those who have had very little or no problems to note their experiences and show that it is a great phone.

In no particular order:

Battery: Mine lasts all day with normal to moderate use. Even high use. It has never exceeded 107* F.
Note: I have been using Juice Defender. It does work.
GPS: No problems locking on and Navigation has been perfect.
3G speeds: Normal for what it is. Hardly any problems and is actually getting better.
4G: No connection yet. I am in the ATL so it will be active very soon.
Phone: Clear reception and never dropped a call.
WiFi: Finds and connects quickly.
Google Wallet: Got my $50 in less than the promised 3 weeks.
ICS: Practically perfect in every way.

I know others have posted of not having problems, so I just wanted to have them in one place.
Please post up your good experiences with Sprint's Galaxy Nexus so we can show others that it is the one to have.
Thanks.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I am still very much in an internal debate between the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I really want to have a Pure Google Phone though.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am still very much in an internal debate between the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I really want to have a Pure Google Phone though.

The GS3 seems like the most underwhelming new release in quite some time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ExtctnLvlEvnt

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have not had a problem with mine at all, I love it, got me a case with a built in battery and get more than a days use out of it. ICS awesome no problems, still waiting on the 40$ additional for google wallet though, but I am patient so we shall see on that. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My nexus has always been a beast, and now with the new radios I can take my beast everywhere :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had ZERO problems with my Nexus. Amazing phone. I like it more everyday. No dropped calls 3g has been very good where I live. 1.0+ mbps usually. Which is decent for sprint. I know its not great. Wouldn't trade it for any other phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The GS3 seems like the most underwhelming new release in quite some time.

Could not have said it better myself. I am glad I did not wait for it.

I have not had a problem with mine at all, I love it, got me a case with a built in battery and get more than a days use out of it. ICS awesome no problems, still waiting on the 40$ additional for google wallet though, but I am patient so we shall see on that. :thumbup:

Who has/where do you find a case with a built-in battery?

I have had ZERO problems with my Nexus. Amazing phone. I like it more everyday. No dropped calls 3g has been very good where I live. 1.0+ mbps usually. Which is decent for sprint. I know its not great. Wouldn't trade it for any other phone.

Glad to hear it. :D

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine for about a week and absolutely love this phone. Gps locks quick, it's snappy, ICS is great, I'm feeling google wallet. This phone is just sexy to me. sprint's 3g speeds could be better but it's getting the job done :p

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Battery: Mine lasts all day with normal to moderate use. Even high use. It has never exceeded 107* F.
Note: I have been using Juice Defender. It does work.

I dont use juice defender and I can get mine to last all day despite having bad radio performance/no signal/drop signal. The phone really is a marvel in this aspect and turned my opinion of high end phones and batteries around.

GPS: No problems locking on and Navigation has been perfect.

Mine was a tad slow at first, but if I had a signal it was very good.

3G speeds: Normal for what it is. Hardly any problems and is actually getting better.

Mine was noticeably slower then my old evo shift but still fine. I just keep getting unlucky with defective units that drop signal or have no signal in places that should have a good-great signal.

4G: No connection yet. I am in the ATL so it will be active very soon.

Cant wait as my area is a LTE area!

Phone: Clear reception and never dropped a call.

Yup great phone in this aspect. 1000% (Yes I meant thousand) improvement of my old evo shift.

WiFi: Finds and connects quickly.

Speeds are great, signal distance isnt as great as other phones. But I was always able to use wifi in 95% of situations I was with previous phones. But that 5% were extreme to say the least so really no fault to the wifi on this phone.

ICS: Practically perfect in every way.

Yeah pretty much cant say anything other then perfect mobile OS. Sure for tablets Id like a tad more functionality (e.g. compile and develop on the tablet) but for a phone it is as perfect as you can get.

I know others have posted of not having problems, so I just wanted to have them in one place.
Please post up your good experiences with Sprint's Galaxy Nexus so we can show others that it is the one to have.
Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

I dont want my bad luck to persuade others from not buying this phone. In all actuality I have been getting the lemons off the market so others can dodge the proverbial bullet. But with my current luck I have to move on. But again great phone and I recommend it if you have the chance. :)

rwong48

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's my take on it:

• Battery: 4.65" 720p Super AMOLED is a beast, but I expected this. The heat, also. I'm glad I have a removable battery *and* a portable charger for flexibility depending on the situation.
  • 3G speeds: considerably slower and weaker signals than my EVO Shift. I've tested all of my regular spots only to see about 30-50% of my old speeds.
  • 4G: can't wait for it.
  • WiFi: like 3G, the radio seems weaker and slower. my Shift had minimal problems in my garage but the GNex is always struggling there.

GPS, Phone, Wallet, ICS: great as expected.

All in all, I'm still happy that I have a quick and snappy phone and that it's a Nexus. Hope to see some radio improvements and 4G.

Reactions: sharkstyle

Reno Skyy

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
All in all its a fantastic phone I love it had 0 issues with it the I had to replace the first one I got a lemon but after that amazing never worry about battery dien it last about 15 hours on moderate use signal amazing far better then my nexus s 4g data speeds r OK on 3g gets the job down can't wait for lte! Wifi speed is super fast but not that long rang but always close to router so no problems phone used to get hot in tell I flashed Franco kernel only gets hot with really low to no signal love my gnex! :) glad I didn't get it from Verizon there getting raped over there

Sent From The Best Android Phone The Galaxy Nexus Using Tapatalk 2

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I get good voice when I'm outside my house (even in stores like walmart/target).

Data is slowish sometimes but usually fast enough to load pages reasonably on 3g - Wifi is superfast unless the signal is low. One end of my house has almost zero signal but I blame that more on my router and the fact that the phone doesn't have as large a antenna as a laptop :S

GPS works great outside and even inside the house but it refuses to load when I'm in a store like walmart/target. Seems weird but maybe it isn't I'm no expert heh.

soonerfreak

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A few dropped calls and spotty 3G sometimes. Still no 4g in north Dallas. Everything else has been great, only time GPS sucked was driving around downtown Dallas sometimes. Battery has been working fine for me as I bought a 2nd battery and am happy o never have to stay plugged in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

That is really cool. Combo bigger battery and case, all in one.

The site says 2100 mAh but close enough. :p

Gonna put it on my Amazon Wish List.

Can you only use the cable that comes with it or will other micro USB cables work?

Keep us in the loop on how it is working for you.
Thanks.

ExtctnLvlEvnt

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
That is really cool. Combo bigger battery and case, all in one.

The site says 2100 mAh but close enough. :p

Gonna put it on my Amazon Wish List.

Can you only use the cable that comes with it or will other micro USB cables work?

Keep us in the loop on how it is working for you.
Thanks.

The box actually says 2200, works with any micro USB cable also, been using the one that came with my Nexus, case is awesome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance