Do I have to unroot th return?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I would, you never know if they'll check or know. Plus, if you're getting a new phone you'll be setting it up anyway. I would unroot, lock it back up, and hand it to him like it's a brand new phone.

Reactions: jaescott

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I brought my unlocked and rooted phone to a Sprint Corporate Store on Tuesday for exchange ( had terrible signal problems). Told the guy at the counter that I had unlocked it and rooted it. All he told me was that rooting is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They wound up swapping the phone for a NIB one, which by the way has marginally better signal.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I brought my unlocked and rooted phone to a Sprint Corporate Store on Tuesday for exchange ( had terrible signal problems). Told the guy at the counter that I had unlocked it and rooted it. All he told me was that rooting is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They wound up swapping the phone for a NIB one, which by the way has marginally better signal.

That's a bit different than Verizon. Some will hint about it like it's some secret illuminati trick, others will throw down hellfire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci