Is it just my battery life that sucks?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My first Galaxy Nexus used to get 14 hours consistently with 3 hour screen on time without ever turning off data. I sold it and recently purchased another one and this one goes 7-9 hours with only 1.5 hours of screen on time. I think im going to take it to Sprint to get the battery checked out.

Weird. Keep us in the loop on what you/they find.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow you guys are soooo lucky I have the skyrocket and rarely use lte I'm on wifi constantly and only get about 7 hours on battery its ridiculous but is it true that you should always run your battery completely down before charging because I often plug it in for 10-15 minutes before I leave home halfway through the day. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

difrent7

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Weird. Keep us in the loop on what you/they find.

Well I turned off my GPS and turned off Auto brightness. Right now I am at 8 hours 18 minutes of use with 2 hours 20 minutes of screen on time at 35%. So for me my two big drains from earlier were GPS and Auto brightness.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am getting terrible battery life also. I though it might be a rogue app so I relocked the boot loader went back to completely stock. I also have a heat issue, where talking on the phone or using 3g for anything the top part of the phone gets hot on both the back and screen side. It gets hot enough during a call that even in a 70 degree room it causes my face to sweat where it touches the phone. I called sprint about it and they wanted me to take it to a store so I did and the tech is gone today. Maybe someone can advise me on what else to try. I have tried different roms and turning off everything and it isn't helping. Got 3 pics to share of battery life today.
48c0781f-7df8-792e.jpg
48c0781f-7e03-32c5.jpg
48c0781f-7e0b-dd44.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
First the numbers:
Click to view quoted image

Pics with the Seidio stuff.
First and second are with the battery and back installed w/o the case:

These are with Seidio's matching case for this set up.

I recommend the Seidio 3800 mAh extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus.
No compensation has been made for this testamonial. :)

I considered it, but that's way to thick and I don't like how it looks. I went with the 2100 mAh extended battery (the Verizon one). It give me an extra hour or two and you can't really tell any difference in thickness or appearence.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having the best of better yet experiences yet. But u have only had the phone for about two days so far. Still gotta condition the stock battery yet.

42575c07-2f02-e4b1.jpg

42575c07-2f11-705c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I considered it, but that's way to thick and I don't like how it looks. I went with the 2100 mAh extended battery (the Verizon one). It give me an extra hour or two and you can't really tell any difference in thickness or appearance.

Out of curiosity, was that just a plug and play? Pop it in and keep the original/stock back cover/etc?

Thanks.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess my issues with poor battery life and heat prompted the "tech" that looked at my phone to warranty it. Suppose to be in on Monday so hopefully it does better on both issues.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess my issues with poor battery life and heat prompted the "tech" that looked at my phone to warranty it. Suppose to be in on Monday so hopefully it does better on both issues.

Let us know if the new phone fixes your issue, yellar.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if the new phone fixes your issue, yellar.

Well after a full day the battery life seems to be better its not eating it like the last one was during phone calls. Still seems to me this one gets to hot when using 3g. Maybe thats just how this phone is? I have had other dual core phones (droid x2, Rezound) granted these where on Verizon, they never heated up like this phone does on 3g. It doesn't get hot at all if I am on Wifi. Also this phone seems to get a little better signal than my first. Maybe I am being to picky or like I said its how the phone is, I know I can root and rom and use different kernels and what not. The thing is like a lot of people say if your not happy with it out of the box then choose another phone. I do like the phone, I like all the hardware, the screen, the Ui. The only thing that concerns me is how hot it gets when using 3g doing web browsing or just updating apps, not to mention watching videos. I had an Evo 4g and Epic 4g on sprint and I know not really a comparison but they never got hot like this one does.

mled203

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
If I bought a 3800 mah battery and didn't put on a back cover, would I still be able to use a tpu case meant for the original sized phone?

mled203

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This is from today, mostly on 3G with solid coverage and at home on Wifi. Note I am using the Verizon 2100mAh battery. I think my screen on time should be more? I am using auto brightness, sync gmail, calendar, and contacts also I streamed Pandora 45 min and played some Words with Friends. I have bluetooth, nfc, and gps off.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, was that just a plug and play? Pop it in and keep the original/stock back cover/etc?

Thanks.

Hey, I just responded to you PM. The 2100 mAH Verizion extended battery comes with a replacement Verizon battery cover which will work if you trim a couple of tabs. But I used the original Sprint battery covery. The change in thickness is so slight that the OG Sprint cover works if you force it just a little bit.

Also my Seidio Active case still works. It's the one designed for the original equipment, not the one designed for the 2100 mAH extended battery.

Emjaymj

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
All the Nexus phones are a piece of sh*t!! on a normal use on full charge you're lucky to get 2 hours out of it. The company Nexus should NOT even be in a phone business.

They tried to take the weight off the phone, by making the battery so small that it can NOT even handle the phone usage!! NEVER AGAIN WILL LOOK AT ANYTHING THATS CALLED Nexus. EVEN FREE ITS TOO MUCH!!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
All the Nexus phones are a piece of sh*t!! on a normal use on full charge you're lucky to get 2 hours out of it. The company Nexus should NOT even be in a phone business.

They tried to take the weight off the phone, by making the battery so small that it can NOT even handle the phone usage!! NEVER AGAIN WILL LOOK AT ANYTHING THATS CALLED Nexus. EVEN FREE ITS TOO MUCH!!

Things have changed. The Nexus 6 and 6P actually get pretty good battery life. Even the 5x can get decent battery life. You have to go back to the N5 for a nexus phone with consistently terrible battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie