galaxy nexus vs galaxy s2

bculp83

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a dilemma. Should I use my upgrade and get a galaxy nexus or wait for the next nexus device? I currently have a galaxy s2. I love the gs2 in regards to hardware. Touchwiz is ok, but I want the latest OS and I don't even use any of the apps that come with touchwiz. What should I do?

Thanks,
Brian

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon nexus my gf has gs2 tmo. I love the nexus but if you switch its not a move up but a move sideways.

I do prefer the nexus but it won't wow you from a gs2... in fact the gs2 has some advantages... its faster at some things and many people like the screen better...

An upgrade feels better the more significant the jump

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably wait. The GNex is a really good phone, but it's been around for awhile now. There should be a new one in a few months.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Even if you have to have one now, don't use your upgrade with the carrier. Instead, look for it used off craigslist or some other site. You should be able to snag one at the upgrade price (or a little over it) and not have to worry about a contract extension.

(add the carrier's insurance plan for a month if that makes you feel more comfortable)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I came from an E4GT and even though I'm glad I got the GNex, it hasn't really blown me away yet. I'm still getting used to the on-screen buttons and I miss the battery life I had on my E4GT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo