should i get gnex?

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
On 7/15 gnex goes on sale for $100 on sale should I get it or wait till new one? I still have nexus s 4g and just got nexus 7.. anyone else went from nexus s 4g to gnex do you guys like gnex a lot better? I only issue is I'd have to stuck on 3g until late comes to Pittsburgh..idk what to do wait or just buy it

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Its on sale on sprint.com I went from the Nexus S 4G and love the GNex. Def. worth it for me. Never getting anything but a nexus/ pure android again. I hate skins on phones. Just my opinion. No 4g in my area so no 4g is not a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
On 7/15 gnex goes on sale for $100 on sale should I get it or wait till new one? I still have nexus s 4g and just got nexus 7.. anyone else went from nexus s 4g to gnex do you guys like gnex a lot better? I only issue is I'd have to stuck on 3g until late comes to Pittsburgh..idk what to do wait or just buy it

I have the GNex (came from the E4GT) and it's a great phone but the lack of 4G is upsetting. I'm in a 4G (WiMax) area and used it a lot when I had my E4GT so if you used 4G all the time, I would hold off until LTE is available in your area.

SecularRhyme

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Where do you see the extended battery special? I think I've finally decided to get this phone, was going to use the 25% coupon from best buy and AC, but the free battery would be a better deal.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Where do you see the extended battery special? I think I've finally decided to get this phone, was going to use the 25% coupon from best buy and AC, but the free battery would be a better deal.

here the link Exclusive: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Price to Drop to $99.99 - BriefMobile

A source has just given us the above picture of an internal Sprint message. According to the screenshot, Sprint will be increasing the instant discount on the Galaxy Nexus from $200 to $250. This means that the device will be dropping in price from $149.99 with a new two-year agreement to $99.99 with a new contract. This discount will go into effect on July 15 and last until September 15th. The device will also drop to $99.99 for corporate accounts.

Sprint will also begin to offer a free extended battery with all Galaxy Nexus purchases. This promotion will start on August 19th. Verizon currently offers this, as well. On the same day, the Now Network will launch a Galaxy Nexus extended Battery Bundle to purchase separately

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I love my GNex, but I might recommending waiting a few months to see if a new Nexus phone comes out. The GNex is almost last year's hardware, and being locked into it for 2-years gives me pause...

But than again, for $99, maybe it's worth it. You could do a lot worse for that price.

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the exact same question, i have the ns4g, trying to decide to go for the galaxy nexus, i was considering the siii, or the evo lte, i've pretty much decided to just go nexus, but, with supposedly some different manufacturer versions, maybe it would be good to wait....
decisions, decisions

anon(757864)

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Id say NExus only because its a google phone thats what I will be getting soon anyway. GS3 is nice and fancy but TW over ICS looks sad lol

Im coming from a GS2 lol

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I love my GNex, but I might recommending waiting a few months to see if a new Nexus phone comes out. The GNex is almost last year's hardware, and being locked into it for 2-years gives me pause...

But than again, for $99, maybe it's worth it. You could do a lot worse for that price.

But you could sell the nexus and get the new nexus when it comes out

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine the other day as well. Came from the epic 4g touch myself. The only thing I miss is the 4g wimax right now since lte is not available in my area. And as well my epic did get better battery life. But I can work with this. Going to look into the extended battery. Had one for my og evo and it worked great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine the other day as well. Came from the epic 4g touch myself. The only thing I miss is the 4g wimax right now since lte is not available in my area. And as well my epic did get better battery life. But I can work with this. Going to look into the extended battery. Had one for my og evo and it worked great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

August 19 is when the extended battery comes out for the galaxy nexus

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20