OTA software update starting 7/26.

amokunad

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
trying it again.. after you do Force Stop.. how long do you have to wait before pulling the battery out? Is it instantly or do you have to wait until "force stop" is no longer grayed out? Ill leave the batter out for 15 minutes and see if this works..

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
i forced the update! YEY!!! i needed to keep the battery out for 20 minutes. thanks MAV :)

No prob.
Like and/or Thank my post above.

Just for comparison, here is what my GN now says:

Baseband version
L700.05 V.FG01 / L700.FG01

Kernal version
3.0.8-00007-g785b3cc
se.infra@SEI-29 # 1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 24 21:20:03 KST

Build number
IMM76K.L700FG01

Mav. :cool:

amokunad

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
No prob.
Like and/or Thank my post above.

Just for comparison, here is what my GN now says:

Baseband version
L700.05 V.FG01 / L700.FG01

Kernal version
3.0.8-00007-g785b3cc
se.infra@SEI-29 # 1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 24 21:20:03 KST

Build number
IMM76K.L700FG01

That should be Wed Jul 4, not July 24 - July 24th was a Tuesday :) Also I'll make sure to like/thank your original force update post - thanks again.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the update on Monday morning. It seems to have helped the reception. 3g seems to be working better for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

armyturtle

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone is [was] rooted. It received the update and I didn't want to accept it but that popup kept pissing me off asking if I wanted to "install now or later" every 5 minutes. I was determined to stop it. I found the update waiting in the /cache folder. I copy/pasted it to my internal documents folder. Then I deleted it from /cache. After a reboot the nagging pop up stopped. Next I did a full copy/paste of all the system app .APK's from /system/app. If local search is one of them, I have it - though I'm not sure what local search is or how to tell what it was because I never used it. Is local search the google search bar that sits at the top of the home screen? I still have that installed.

After doing a full backup of my phone in CWM I installed the update from the .zip file in CWM. It took 7-10 minutes but then completed and I rebooted. The update breaks root. I haven't rerooted yet but attempts to return to the recovery mode (holding power + up + down volume buttons, then choosing "recovery mode" with volume buttons and selecting with power button) results in an icon of an android with his belly open and a red triangle icon with an exclamation point in it. My phone does boot normally though; it's just attempting to go to CWM recovery mode that gives me issue, again because this update breaks root.

**Update** I re-flashed twrp-toroplus-2.1.2-SPRINT.img and got into recovery mode immediately afterwards (without rebooting after the flash). From there I "installed from .zip" the CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip file. Rooted once again on the new FG01 update.

I've attached linked to the update file I pulled from /cache prior to updating - though if you're not rooted I'm not sure how you'll be able to install this.
justbeamit.com

Last edited:

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I used the above code and it worked for me, but now I cannot update any apps! I can't dowload new ones or update existing ones. I get the following error code: Error. Update for "???" could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:AEC:0])

Any suggestions? It didn't start until precisely the moment I forced the update.

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my Galaxy Nexus yesterday afternoon. Checked for updates and it said it was up to date. This morning the Download update showed up and I installed it. no problems so far

armyturtle

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
First - are you even rooted? If not I don't think you can or should try to apply this file. Second, you DID make a backup with ClockWorkMod BEFORE applying this update right??

If not and all else fails you can always do a factory reset and start over.

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
In response to my own thread about the error code RPC AEC 0; I googled around and a lot of other people had the same issue. THE CORRECTIVE ACTION WAS--- un-install google apps from accounts/sync, then reinstall. Works 100% after doing that.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased my Galaxy Nexus yesterday afternoon. Checked for updates and it said it was up to date. This morning the Download update showed up and I installed it. no problems so far

Welcome. Glad you got the update. :)

In response to my own thread about the error code RPC AEC 0; I googled around and a lot of other people had the same issue. THE CORRECTIVE ACTION WAS--- un-install google apps from accounts/sync, then reinstall. Works 100% after doing that.

Very cool. Happy you found the answer as I did not have one. :p

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. Glad you got the update. :)

Thank you for the welcome, I seem to be batting 100 on the updates. My wife just purchased a Samsung Galaxy 2 this afternoon. soon as it was activated it started downloading the ICS update and installed without a hitch.

Yoshiaka13

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Nw Indiana here just south of Chicago. Got my update yesterday. 4G is lit up like a Christmas tree. Called Sprint and a few towers in the area got finished. My speed test is reading 4133kbps download and 2118kbps upload here in Hammond Indiana ! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad