OTA software update starting 7/26.

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Did he happen to mention a download location?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

No the tech support guy actually told me to go find a apk and install it. I'm going to call back and ask what exactly this is supposed to mean. It supports sprint tv but it doesn't support it? Makes no sense at all.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure, but I would relock the bootloader and make sure your on official software before accepting any official OTA. better safe than sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I'll hold ...I was asking because I don't want the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I had an idea and installed the sprint tv apk on the nexus that did not receive the update yet. It loads up fast and works correctly but gives me the error "your subscription does not include this" crap. On the phone with the update the program will partially load after 10mins and lag out / not work very well. Somehow sprint managed to break it and make it work all at once!

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I think it's OK, but definitely not something to write home about.

Not great sure but its something that I'd like to be able to use since:
1. it comes with the plan and
2. it's supposedly supported

Also my dad could use it to watch espn or something when he's waiting at work (he drives a truck). So its at least marginally useful.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not great sure but its something that I'd like to be able to use since:
1. it comes with the plan and
2. it's supposedly supported

No argument here. I have used used it, and would probably again if it would work on my ROM.
My comment was referring to the content. On what I wanted to watch they mostly had clips, not full episodes.

Sent from my Gnex using AC Forums

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Still haven't got the update. Losing local search isn't really a big deal. Hopefully the sprint gnex will get an official JB update before the end of the year.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Still haven't got the update. Losing local search isn't really a big deal. Hopefully the sprint gnex will get an official JB update before the end of the year.

Hey Mav. It's Mav.

No update on my GN yet either. :(
Checking every hour.

I may end up rooting if the official release takes too long.
I am going to wait for the stable CM10 JB is released. Don't want anything buggy, etc.

Hope to get this update soon.

Mav. :cool:

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
i've been thinking about rooting. i'm always cautious in playing around with my phone in a "unofficial" manner, or in a way that would void my warranty. however if sprint keeps sitting on their collective asses with this update i may have to venture out into the unknown.... in any case it should be fun.

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing in the community thread about sprint tv. I guess sprint people don't really monitor it that well. Guess I'll try calling tech support again tomorrow and see what they have to say.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I rememebr someone saying something about dl'ing a apk for sprint tv. then installing from the play store..... something like that

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I rememebr someone saying something about dl'ing a apk for sprint tv. then installing from the play store..... something like that

Thats what the tech support rep I talked to the other day told me to do. I tried a couple different apk's and it won't work on my gnex with the new ota update. On my dads gnex it will load up and work fine but it thinks the phone doesn't have any subscription and you can't actually watch anything. Sprint basically lied in the patchnotes about tv being available so will see what happens.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
well they weren't exactly forthcoming about taking away local search either with this update (Which i still don't have..... :-/) not really too surprised. I swear though some of the "tech support" people have no idea what they are talking about.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. still no OTA update here.
2. but i really want the Jelly Bean Update and to play with "Google Now".
3. i have no interest in Sprint TV. had it on my EVO and it was garbage. few free options and paid options are marginal at best. frankly watching TV on a 4-5" display for any considerable period of time is not fun for me. crushes battery life too.
4. no interest in rooting my phone. i need 100% reliability for my phone since i have no landline. i bought the Nexus with the plain vanilla OS so that i DON'T HAVE TO tinker.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. still no OTA update here.
2. but i really want the Jelly Bean Update and to play with "Google Now".
3. i have no interest in Sprint TV. had it on my EVO and it was garbage. few free options and paid options are marginal at best. frankly watching TV on a 4-5" display for any considerable period of time is not fun for me. crushes battery life too.
4. no interest in rooting my phone. i need 100% reliability for my phone since i have no landline. i bought the Nexus with the plain vanilla OS so that i DON'T HAVE TO tinker.

5. i will shed no tears if losing Universal Search. i always search app-specific and find Universal Search kind of annoying. i'd rather start drilling down my search from a more specific start point for a faster, less cluttered search anyway.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Any idea how many days a typical roll out like this normally takes? I too haven't received the update yet. I also don't care about Universal Search, but I am most definitely interested in any possible signal boost.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
They usually say "over several days" so some, like us, have to wait longer than others.
You can do a *#*#2432546#*#* on your touchpad for a "checkin" to see if that works.

Mav. :cool:

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49