Can I use the Google Wallet prepaid card in the Play Store?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
When I purchase something in the play store using a credit card, I'm technically using Google Wallet, right? It seems like I should be able to use my Google Wallet prepaid card in the Play Store to buy apps. (A Google prepaid card in Google's play store! If anywhere, it has to work there, right?)

I've looked everywhere and I can't find that option. I've read the help and can't find anything. I even emailed Google, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, no, it won't work. That $10 is for use at the tap and pay terminals so you'll try it out. I did read somewhere that you could possibly go buy a $10 prepaid VISA card, then add that to your payment methods, which would be a roundabout way of doing it.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no, it won't work. That $10 is for use at the tap and pay terminals so you'll try it out. I did read somewhere that you could possibly go buy a $10 prepaid VISA card, then add that to your payment methods, which would be a roundabout way of doing it.

Yeah, when I saw the news story about the new Play Store gift cards, I thought that I might buy one of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome