09-21-2012 08:17 AM
102 123 ...
tools
    A thread for everyone to track and list their findings on the new and (mostly) free Samsung Extended Battery Bundle that Sprint has made available.

So far:
    1- It does have NFC capabilities
    2- The bulk is very slight
    3- Most, if not all cases will still fit
    4- Battery door says Sprint (obviously)

Post up your power usage info when compared to the original battery.
    Better? Same? Worse?
    Do you "condition" the new battery, etc...

Original: 1850 mAh
    Extended: 2100 mAh

Mav.
    08-21-2012 02:50 PM
    Bad.

Interesting that you just posted this thread, as I just created this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-hello-s3.html

The extended battery just didn't help me.
    08-21-2012 02:56 PM
    Bad.

Interesting that you just posted this thread, as I just created this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-hello-s3.html

The extended battery just didn't help me.
    I saw that.
    Only 5 hours? Yikes.
    You may have had a lemon that was just sucking power no matter what you did.
    I have seen many people mention that and then exchanged the phone.

Sorry to see you go. You gotta do what you gotta do.
    To each their own.

Mav.
    08-21-2012 03:00 PM
    Got mine around 10 this morning it had 64% charge. Fully charged it and moderate usage for the past 4 1/2 hours I am currently at 90% battery life.

If it is like most batteries and only reaches it's potential after several discharge recharge cycles then I would say it's going to be a great battery.
    08-21-2012 03:14 PM
    I just ordered my extended battery and haven't received it in the mail yet. I'm getting around 18 hours of battery life with my current standard battery using Juice Defender. I expect the extended battery to offer maybe 20-24 hours of total battery life.
    08-21-2012 03:53 PM
    I've been using a Verizon 2100 mAh extended battery for a while, and honestly I don't see much of a difference. I ordered the Sprint one because it's free, so I see if that one is better.
    08-21-2012 04:47 PM
    Got mine and installed it.
    I can feel the slight increase in weight, but it's not a problem.
    My OtterBox Commuter case fits just fine.

The second one I ordered will be arriving soon and I will keep that one in my parts bin for possible future use.

Mav.
    08-21-2012 06:39 PM
    Got mine and installed it.
    I can feel the slight increase in weight, but it's not a problem.
    My OtterBox Communter case fits just fine.

The second one I ordered will be arriving soon and I will keep that one in my parts bin for possible future use.

Mav.
    I did the same, except I have deactivated my GNex on Sprint while I play with the Sprint S3. I put the extended battery in charged it to 100% (from 72% when I got it) and it promptly dropped to 98% in less than 2 minutes after just checking emails.
    08-21-2012 07:23 PM
    The battery levels are not exact so that 2% should not be taken as Gospel. There are built in protections to prevent overcharging and damaging the battery. Google it.
    08-21-2012 07:42 PM
    The battery levels are not exact so that 2% should not be taken as Gospel. There are built in protections to prevent overcharging and damaging the battery. Google it.
    LOL. Yes, I know.
    08-21-2012 07:45 PM
    Mine was delivered today @ 11:30 am by ups. unfortunately I missed the truck beause I had to go to work, and I left my house around 11:20. I think I drove by the UPS truck on a road just after mine lol

When I get out of work @ 10 i'll be sure to try it out. The standard battery is ok. I've been getting 8-12 hrs out of it. I used it as my mp3 device on sunday for 3-6 hrs while i was playing battlefield 3, and it only went down about 8-10% from a full charge. Hopefully this new battery will be better, I'm sure it will once it conditions itself after a few cycles.
    Reno Skyy likes this.
    08-21-2012 08:08 PM
    i never used the stock battery from the minute i got this phone in May, so i will compare it to my 3800 mAh battery. if i can get similar results then i will just use this battery instead.
    08-21-2012 08:28 PM
    Stock battery no juice defender over clocked at 1350 using set CPU to under clock after 5o percent to 1 GHz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 02:12 AM
    Pretty darn good numbers on a stock battery.

Mav.

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.
    Reno Skyy likes this.
    08-22-2012 08:03 AM
    Stock battery no juice defender over clocked at 1350 using set CPU to under clock after 5o percent to 1 GHz

this tells us almost nothing. tap on the graph and post the screen shot of your actual usage data ie screen on time, etc.

battery screenshots should always include both data screenshots.
    08-22-2012 08:58 AM
    Put it in yesterday @ 62%

08-22-2012 02:02 PM
    I just installed the new battery so nothing to report on how it holds up to my daily use. However I like the feel the battery brings to the phone. I like the extra girth, it feels better in my hand. I always felt like I was going to drop my GNEX before, but now it has the right amount of weight to it and it feels good in the hand
    08-22-2012 03:13 PM
    So I have been using the battery since yesterday and I'm not liking the results. I guess I live in a crappy area and my phone does not get the best signal so more battery is gonna be wasted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 03:40 PM
    I definitely see a difference in battery life. Loving it!!!
    08-22-2012 04:08 PM
    My first days use is looking good.
    I will post up battery screenshots later tonight.

Mav.

08-22-2012 05:58 PM
    Ok im wondering if my usage vs time is good so far? It seems that I have to fully charge once a day then by night I'm ready to throw back on the charger

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    08-22-2012 06:39 PM
    Ok im wondering if my usage vs time is good so far? It seems that I have to fully charge once a day then by night I'm ready to throw back on the charger

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Um...sir...

almath and mled203 like this.
    08-22-2012 06:40 PM
    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Thanks for playing, but we are discussing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and our new Sprint supplied extended batteries.

Mav.

Montro Ltd likes this.
    08-22-2012 07:05 PM
    I just installed the new battery so nothing to report on how it holds up to my daily use. However I like the feel the battery brings to the phone. I like the extra girth, it feels better in my hand. I always felt like I was going to drop my GNEX before, but now it has the right amount of weight to it and it feels good in the hand
    Should have mine today. I've heard these feelings about the extended battery time and time again. Really can't understand why the 2100mah wasn't the standard battery to begin with. Ohh well I guess it just seems dumb to spend the money to develop both from Samsung or Googles part for such a small difference in size.
    08-22-2012 07:08 PM
    My first days use is looking good.
    I will post up battery screenshots later tonight.

Mav.

08-22-2012 09:08 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD