On Jelly Bean:

wschlitz

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
After emailing sprint, here's the response I got on Jelly Bean:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear [[Redacted]],

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern about
availability of software update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the
Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone.

The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is not currently available for the Samsung
Galaxy Nexus phone from Sprint so I am unable to provide the time-frame
for its availability. Whenever this version is available for this phone,
you will get information on sprint.com and promotional media. I
appreciate your patience in this regard.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
of assistance.

Sincerely,
[[Customer Service Guy's name]].
Sprint

silberj

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
After emailing sprint, here's the response I got on Jelly Bean:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear [[Redacted]],

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern about
availability of software update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the
Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone.

The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is not currently available for the Samsung
Galaxy Nexus phone from Sprint so I am unable to provide the time-frame
for its availability. Whenever this version is available for this phone,
you will get information on sprint.com and promotional media. I
appreciate your patience in this regard.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
of assistance.

Sincerely,
[[Customer Service Guy's name]].
Sprint
My reply, unlock, flash, piss on you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I called and the rep told me 6 months from July 2nd. Then he added could come anytime around that 6 month timeframe. This is beyond pathetic...

Sent from my Awesome Galaxy Nexus

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Both Sprint and Verizon have always been slackers on getting out updates. They have no one pushing them to do so. For this I blame Google for not insisting on timely updates to devices that will run it's latest OS.

68% of the smartphone market provides Google with plenty of clout with the carriers. it's time they started using it.

ras.cal

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I would love to have it as well. But if you go to Discover Nexus Devices it still shows "soon with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean". So until that changes I don't think we will be getting the update.

Plus I do know that under the Tech Specs page it shows the OS as Jelly Bean. But I still think that until the page that you first see doesn't show "soon with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean" we will be waiting.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have it as well. But if you go to Discover Nexus Devices it still shows "soon with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean". So until that changes I don't think we will be getting the update.

Plus I do know that under the Tech Specs page it shows the OS as Jelly Bean. But I still think that until the page that you first see doesn't show "soon with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean" we will be waiting.

Personally, I don't think that page has anything to do with the Pseudo Nexus devices that Sprint/Verizon sell. That page is solely for the GSM Galaxy Nexus that you can purchase from the Google Play store.

I suspect the reason that front page shows "soon with" is because they may not have finished pushing the JB update for ALL the GSM Galaxy Nexus devices across the world. But all new devices sold from Google play do have the latest OS (JB) installed.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted and running a very nice JB ROM.
As soon as the stable CM10 is released, I am gonna run that and be even happier. It will be just as good as the real thing.
Just my$.02

Mav. :cool:

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.

ras.cal

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't think that page has anything to do with the Pseudo Nexus devices that Sprint/Verizon sell. That page is solely for the GSM Galaxy Nexus that you can purchase from the Google Play store.

I suspect the reason that front page shows "soon with" is because they may not have finished pushing the JB update for ALL the GSM Galaxy Nexus devices across the world. But all new devices sold from Google play do have the latest OS (JB) installed.

I know that it's the GSM Nextus. I just am saying that I personally don't see the Sprint or Verizon Nexus having it until that changes. I also talked to a tech at a Sprint store and he said that they normally will know a month before the release of an update so they can be trained on it. That has yet to happen yet for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo