Returning to full stock with Jelly Bean Imminent: Information

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey friends.

So obviously the news going around is that our Galaxy Nexus is due for a Jelly Bean update soon. Some of us bailed, flashed ROMs, and moved on.

But how do you properly return to stock, and lock the bootloader? What is the easiest way? All information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Download the wugfresh toolkit. It has an unroot and relock feature that i used the other day. Very helpful. I also bailed to ROM boat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If you're doing this because you want the official OTA from Google, take the advice of someone who did that for 4.0.4 on Verizon thinking future OTAs would come quicker (that's me BTW) and don't do that. When 4.1.2 / 4.2 / 5.0 / whatever.whatever comes out, you will be waiting months again before Sprint OKs the update. Seriously, just stick to ROMs. It's still better to have a Nexus device for this.

If you're trying to return/swap/sell your phone, well then...don't mind me. :p

Reactions: Ryuuie

r3dlink13

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're doing this because you want the official OTA from Google, take the advice of someone who did that for 4.0.4 on Verizon thinking future OTAs would come quicker (that's me BTW) and don't do that. When 4.1.2 / 4.2 / 5.0 / whatever.whatever comes out, you will be waiting months again before Sprint OKs the update. Seriously, just stick to ROMs. It's still better to have a Nexus device for this.

If you're trying to return/swap/sell your phone, well then...don't mind me. :p

I came to this thread to ask people's opinion on this very topic. Thanks for the psychic answer! Looks like I'll be sticking with AreYouJellin.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I came to this thread to ask people's opinion on this very topic. Thanks for the psychic answer! Looks like I'll be sticking with AreYouJellin.

The only things worthwhile to the rooter are the factory images and new radios. Past that, your custom roms are just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Once the update starts pushing we should see rooted stock images and flashable radios from the OTA very shortly afterward. So it might actually be faster to stay rooted in order to get the update rather than waiting for it to be pushed to your phone.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm running mmuzzy's AOSP 4.1 ROM until I hear reports from the official OTA. I prefer to stay in the Sprint mainstream, which is my reasoning for taking the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Once the update starts pushing we should see rooted stock images and flashable radios from the OTA very shortly afterward. So it might actually be faster to stay rooted in order to get the update rather than waiting for it to be pushed to your phone.

This.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Downtown Taco