The Jelly Bean OTA update is complete.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that the unconfirmed rumors are now confirmed non-rumors, post here when you get the official Google Jelly Bean OTA update for the Galaxy Nexus and let us know how it is working for you.

If you had a JB ROM before, note any differences you have found, good or bad.

Post some shots of the "About Phone" screen once you get it updated.

Mav. :cool:

"During an 8-day period from 9/6/12 - 9/13/12 current Samsung Nexus S? 4G and Galaxy Nexus customers receive an Over-The-Air (OTA) Android 4.1, Jelly Bean software update."

Last edited:

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Get the official Jelly Bean OTA update? Post it up.

I'm excited as hell. I've only been searching "Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean Update" everyday for the past month! I can't wait to see this on my phone.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was the only one doing that also. This is really great news. The last update that was sent out took five days to show up on my phone so don't be disappointed if it doesn't show up on your device today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Given that nobody has yet confirmed a single update so far, I'm guessing that this was merely rumors after all. What a shame. Maybe next month.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Given that nobody has yet confirmed a single update so far, I'm guessing that this was merely rumors after all. What a shame. Maybe next month.

Ummmm Idk if you have looked or not but it is on sprints software update page. The update isn't going to rollout all at once that would overload the servers. It is a staggered update rolling out over 8 days (9/6-9/13) So def not just "rumors" it's coming, be patient.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I would LOVE it if they brought back universal search. I loved it on my webOS phones and liked it on Ice Cream Sandwich to find apps and contacts. Stupid Apple...doubtful we'll get it back with Jelly Bean?

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Slow roll out or not, you'd think we'd be hearing from recipients of the first wave by now, seeing how today is the day it is listed on Sprint's site as becoming available. Seems like another epic fail on Sprint's part, resulting in further delays.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be getting it soon, but I would almost rather not have learned about it coming out today, if it's not actually coming out today...there is only so much abuse my phone can take from mashing 'update phone' and re-starting it to see if it has come or if I can trigger it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I'll be reporting in once my fiancee's device gets it. She's really excited, as am I, because I can't believe how slow ICS is/was.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I can't believe that not one person has posted about getting the update for this phone or the nexus s. This is stupid. I dont think its pushing out. Something probably went wrong like usual.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe that not one person has posted about getting the update for this phone or the nexus s. This is stupid. I dont think its pushing out. Something probably went wrong like usual.

My point exactly. Folks would be posting everywhere if they got updated, but not one word? Either the update isn't happening or it is bricking phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7

dd3kv2

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Slow roll out or not, you'd think we'd be hearing from recipients of the first wave by now, seeing how today is the day it is listed on Sprint's site as becoming available. Seems like another epic fail on Sprint's part, resulting in further delays.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be getting it soon, but I would almost rather not have learned about it coming out today, if it's not actually coming out today...there is only so much abuse my phone can take from mashing 'update phone' and re-starting it to see if it has come or if I can trigger it.

Last time I checked the update was being pushed out by Google not by Sprint. So if we need to look towards someone it should be Google.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

My point exactly. Folks would be posting everywhere if they got updated, but not one word? Either the update isn't happening or it is bricking phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7

lol it's impossible to brick a Nexus :).

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

People need to relax!! we have waited 2 months to get to this point, what is another 8 days?! it'll come give it time

Reactions: Ryuuie

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm fine with waiting....but I would like to hear some feedback already. Not one person??? Give me a break. I'm pretty sure that most people with a nexus phone visits this site would have reported something by now.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Remember, most assumptions were the update would be in October...at least we have knowledge that it exists now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint likes to do it late at night or wee hours of the morning so their servers don't get hit to hard.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca