Official Jelly Bean Update. Thoughts or complaints??

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not getting Facebook, twitter or gmail notifications since update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cole21771

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey, has anybody noticed that after a while of playing with the Android 4.1 jelly bean Easter egg a Candy cane shows up? Maybe Candy cane is the next version of android?

Sent from my amazing Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean using Android Central Forums

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, has anybody noticed that after a while of playing with the Android 4.1 jelly bean Easter egg a Candy cane shows up? Maybe Candy cane is the next version of android?

Sent from my amazing Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean using Android Central Forums

I dont think it woukd be unless they spell it with a k if they keep up with their pattern

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tommy0823

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
@ Paul, have you noticed that 4g lte is on and off around Plainfield and crest hill lately? On the west side of Joliet near downtown, its fabulous. I've seen as much as 38 down and 20 up. Any news on when it "officially" goes live?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@ Paul, have you noticed that 4g lte is on and off around Plainfield and crest hill lately? On the west side of Joliet near downtown, its fabulous. I've seen as much as 38 down and 20 up. Any news on when it "officially" goes live?

Yep its spotty... I was at Louis Joliet Mall yesterday grabbing about 23 down and 9 up...

Few weeks back I hit 32 down and around 15 up at Essington & Caton Farm in Crest Hill...

I have no clue when its all supposed to go officially live but its gotta be getting close... I've even heard of the 800 Mhz band switch over being active in some areas of downtown Chicago.

Reactions: tommy0823

tommy0823

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I if the speeds are like this, then it was well worth the wait. I know that its an "unused" network right now so I'm sure things will change, but when I do get lte its extremely fast. Between the jb update I got this morning, and the lte speeds I've seen lately, I'm actually happy w sprint as of late.

Oh yeah, and the update has been great so far. No problems here.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Or it could mean that the next nexus devices are coming around Christmas time.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Google search seems buggy. If you say call and a location it doesn't search for the location. Instead searches your contacts for someone that sounds similar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheMovieStar

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Overall the update is great. I noticed Google Now voice search has a bit of lag, especially compared to my Nexus 7 (presumably because of the processor).

Also I don't see where there is a separate volume for notifications like on the Nexus 7; I was under the impression that was part of JB.

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
My Google Now is sketchy. I have it set up to tell me everything,so i can see what it has to offer, but the only thing that shows up is weather. I have driven all over the DC area and it has never once including any info on traffic. Or sports. Or nearby places. I have gone through the settings numerous times. Anyone else's not working up to expectations? Any suggestions?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My Google Now is sketchy. I have it set up to tell me everything,so i can see what it has to offer, but the only thing that shows up is weather. I have driven all over the DC area and it has never once including any info on traffic. Or sports. Or nearby places. I have gone through the settings numerous times. Anyone else's not working up to expectations? Any suggestions?

make sure that you have both Location Reporting (on device) and Web History (in your account settings on Google.com) enabled. Google Now will start creating cards based on your searches and these histories. realize that battery life will probably take a hit.

BrianCioffi

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
make sure that you have both Location Reporting (on device) and Web History (in your account settings on Google.com) enabled. Google Now will start creating cards based on your searches and these histories. realize that battery life will probably take a hit.
Thanks. My settings are as you stated. I'm not too concerned with battery life. I generally get 20+ hours, due in large part to Juice Defender.

cole21771

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
For some reason every time I try to download a picture of something it tells me download unsuccessful, does anybody else have or notice his problem sometimes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance