Official Jelly Bean Update. Thoughts or complaints??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay so you got the official update. So what do you think so far?

Good, bad, broken? Let's here your thoughts....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I can notice Project Butter right off the bat, the phone feels snappier and a little bit more responsive (not a night and day change but I can notice it)

Google Now is great, I set up some cards and the layout is nice looking, did some voice search and it was pretty good too.

And I tinkered with the new notification center but I wasn't able to delete things (like when you get an email) right from the tab, maybe it's user error but im going to try again in a second, overall I like the new layout too.

Im stoked, I love this update.

waynebeep

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had jelly bean for 3 hours and my phone is hot. I restarted and pulled the battery several times but it remains hot. I don't see any apps misbehaving. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem!

Edit: running mainly on 3g.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does sound a bit abnormal....

Having signal issues? Cutting in and out? If its working the heck out of the radio to maintain a signal it can be causing the device to heat up a bit....

nexus4ever

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I love the update I have been running it a few hours and have not ran into any issues. It was totally worth the wait.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Love it. No problems so far. Been playing with it about 3 or 4 hours now. Faster and more responsive. Really like the new notification tab too. Also my Wi-Fi seems to pick up a lil better. Getting signals inside I used to only pick up outside.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I ran into is FoxFi doesn't work anymore (not on wifi anyway - it recommends that I use bluetooth DUN instead). It used to work on ICS till now.

Any workarounds? (I'm using the latest FoxFi)

Thieves Dont

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Noticed Project Butter right away. You can actually feel how fast the phone runs now.

One BIG problem though is my data speeds have dropped off incredibly. It's almost treacherous to try and open up a website. Signal strength has decreased as well. Wonder whats up with that?

CR Hawkeye

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I ran into is FoxFi doesn't work anymore (not on wifi anyway - it recommends that I use bluetooth DUN instead). It used to work on ICS till now.

Any workarounds? (I'm using the latest FoxFi)

I'm seeing the same issues with FoxFi. Any ideas or other solutions sharing over WiFi?

Thieves Dont

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does sound a bit abnormal....

Having signal issues? Cutting in and out? If its working the heck out of the radio to maintain a signal it can be causing the device to heat up a bit....

Just looked back at this post, this seems to be my problem as well. It's running pretty hot and I'm constantly losing signal. Really don't know what's wrong because it wasn't like this at all on ICS.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Voice search doesn't call locations. For example and please feel free to try this for me:
This is my command to voice search: call its Greek to me in cliffside park new jersey.

But it doesn't call the location but instead searches my contact for someone who sound similar.

And wifi seems to be weaker

Reactions: Mellimel22

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Noticed Project Butter right away. You can actually feel how fast the phone runs now.

One BIG problem though is my data speeds have dropped off incredibly. It's almost treacherous to try and open up a website. Signal strength has decreased as well. Wonder whats up with that?

Did you try updating your Sprint profile and PRL after the update?

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Voice search doesn't call locations. For example and please feel free to try this for me:
This is my command to voice search: call its Greek to me in cliffside park new jersey.

But it doesn't call the location but instead searches my contact for someone who sound similar.

And wifi seems to be weaker

Never mind I uninstalled the last Google search update and reinstalled all is well and I'm living my phone.. I really now see the benefit of a nexus device . And imagine having a nexus s 4g and getting jelly bean. Gingerbread to ICS to jellybean wow. I can tell you this much I will never buy another non nexus device ever again.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE google now!! i work at a limo service, and all u have to do is say the airline and number and it gives you the two cities and the eta.... i am NEVER getting another non-nexus device again. Barring this is a faux-nexus with carrier branding. hey i'll take it Sprint did a relatively decent job. Sucks for verizon though lol