So, I am on JB, I can't send or receive MMS!

Yeti89

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to mine and my wife's gnexs'. I googled "sprint galaxy nexus MMS problems" and found it could be an APN problem.

I discovered a thread on android authority with a potential answer. I downloaded APN backup and restore from the play store and tried converting it to a system app with titanium backup pro like the thread said. It gets stuck in a loop and never completes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

InjuredNinja

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine did that even on ICS. Try disabling WiFi, going into the messaging app and reloading any messages that are stuck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeti89

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I fixed my MMS by flashing the latest Franco kernel. I was just testing it for other reasons when I decided to try sending a picture. I was shocked when it sent!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Make sure wifi don't turn off your mobile data. Settings>mobile data make sure its on

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

slyd0997

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Also helps to turn off auto-retreive in the message app settings. Then manually download the picture.
Also try updating your prl and profile. Settings/about phone/sprint system updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: That sometimes happens on smartphones? Do this

Manually set your APN. Not sure how to do it in the stock msging app but I know it can be done in chompSMS (I used to use that after I got tired of GoSMS). Download APN Utility and use it to back up your APN. If you aren't rooted or have it as a system app then you won't be able to restore but its ok. After you back up, use your fav file manager to read the xml file that will be in the /apn folder and find your apn settings. There will be a few listed, some for 3G, WiFi, maybe 4G, 2G. Just find the ones for 3G and then manually enter them into the msg apps settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance