iPhone5 not including NFC just screwed us!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Google Wallet since they opened it up to any credit card and I really like it. The only thing that sucks is that there are so few places that accept NFC payments. I was so excited for the iPhone5 to include NFC payments because that would help NFC to takeoff. Unfortunately they didn't. #disappointment

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
You have mistaken this forum dear sir.

And even if you have a galaxy nexus, why in the world would you be excited for an iPhone 5?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
You have mistaken this forum dear sir.

And even if you have a galaxy nexus, why in the world would you be excited for an iPhone 5?

Did you read the post? I'm a Sprint Galaxy Nexus owner and I Google Wallet user. If the iPhone 5 would have included NFC payments that would have had a direct positive effect on Google Wallet by jump starting the adoption of NFC payment terminals in businesses everywhere.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you read the post? I'm a Sprint Galaxy Nexus owner and I Google Wallet user. If the iPhone 5 would have included NFC payments that would have had a direct positive effect on Google Wallet by jump starting the adoption of NFC payment terminals in businesses everywhere.

Clearly you don't understand that even had the iPhone 5 included NFC, that would have zero bearing for Google wallet.

Google wallet will never be on any iOS device, they are direct competitors!

And now with Apple passport, even worse for Google wallet...

Hello?!

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am actually glad it doesn't have NFC. It makes our phones much better. And besides I think my head would explode if apple comes out with Iwallet . Then they would say they invented a revolutionary technology called NFC . Lol

This is only going to bring more people to Android. The fact that you can only make payments but beam stuff to each other is amazing. I love the fact that I can transfer pic to my nexus 7 using beam.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Clearly you don't understand that even had the iPhone 5 included NFC, that would have zero bearing for Google wallet.

Google wallet will never be on any iOS device, they are direct competitors!

And now with Apple passport, even worse for Google wallet...

Hello?!

The OP means that NFC has little support from vendors regardless of device and that iPhones massive user base could have changed this attitude

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the point the OP was trying to make, simply that any device (Android or iPhone, Windows, RIM) that incorporates and supports NFC is going to help push NFC more main stream.

I don't believe this was intended as a pro Android or pro Apple based thread in any means just a reference to how Apple could of helped NFC become stronger.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The OP means that NFC has little support from vendors regardless of device and that iPhones massive user base could have changed this attitude

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

^This

I agree with the point the OP was trying to make, simply that any device (Android or iPhone, Windows, RIM) that incorporates and supports NFC is going to help push NFC more main stream.

I don't believe this was intended as a pro Android or pro Apple based thread in any means just a reference to how Apple could of helped NFC become stronger.

^And this

I'm not "pro-Apple", and I'm not going out to buy an iPhone. They are overpriced and overly restrictive. But the fact of the matter is that there is a massive iPhone user base, bigger than any individual Android phone. And like it or not, if Apple promotes a new technology, then that is a huge influence on it becoming mainstream.

Android having NFC isn't going to attract people to Android if you can't use it anywhere. And I have no interest in holding it over iPhone users heads that my phone has NFC and yours doesn't. I just want to be able to use Google Wallet everywhere I go. And if Apple had included a competing NFC payment solution in the iPhone 5, that would have gone to long way to push mainstream adoption of the technology.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
For once, a iphone related post that was making a perfectly valid point (instead of being the usual Android is better than iOS - yes, a majority of the users at androidcentral likely agree with that statement - no need to beat that to death yet again)

Thanks jean15paul (and yes, I agree - anything that would help me use my Nexus features in even more places is always welcome).

skypilotks

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree, and was thinking the same thing when I first read that the new Iphone wasn't going to have NFC. What most of the people that commented here don't understand is, unfortunatly the majority of people are sheep that just follow the masses, which right now are following Apple ( kinda goes opposite to the old Mac 1984 comercial) and if Iphone did have NFC the amount of retailors that had the capablity would explode cause all the sheep would be looking for it! BTW has everyone seen the Jimmy Kimmel spot on the Iphone5?? It's so on the mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10