Sprint Chat Support - GN will get Key Lime Pie

azgalorRC

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
See transcript below...

ou: ok thanks
You: one more question.. i have a fear
Tammy C: Sure.,
You: that Sprint will go to tiered data in the future - is this true, or will it stay unlimited forever? or if that happens in the future, those of us with existing unlimited plans.. will we be able to keep our unlimited as long as we dont leave sprint
Tammy C: Please don't worry. there are not any such a changes.
You: oh
Tammy C: Yes,
Tammy C: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
You: yes one more question
Tammy C: Sure.
You: will the galaxy nexus be getting Key Lime Pie
Tammy C: Thank you for waiting.
Tammy C: I checked it for you and I can see that the galaxy nexus will not be getting Key Lime Pie.
You: OMG :(
You: sigh.
You: But its the Google Flagship device - why wouldnt it? :(
Tammy C: Please allow me a few moments.
You: now i have to chase after another phone soon just to get the latest Android OS
You: ok
Tammy C: Please let me discuss the case with my supervisor for you.
You: ok

Thoughts?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Chat Support - Bad News - GN will NOT get Key Lime Pie

You're asking questions that don't have answers. I'm 100% sure that the customer service rep doesn't know answers to either of those questions.

The best that you can get on the first one is that there are currently no plans to go to tiered data. But no one knows what will happen in the future.

Also, no one can comment on what phones will or won't get Key Lime Pie because it doesn't exist yet. So no one knows what the technical requirements will be. Also Sprint doesn't create or push the update, they only provide or incorporate the proprietary binaries to allow it to operate on their network and approve it. So it's on Google to decide if the Spring Galaxy Nexus can be updated and create the update. Now Sprint could delay the update or non approve it, but they don't really have a reason to.

azgalorRC

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Looks like Tammy spoke with her supervisor.. looks like we WILL be getting Key Lime Pie after all! =)

Tammy C: Thank you for waiting.
Tammy C: I am sorry for the confusion. I have discussed the case with my supervisor for you.
Tammy C: Yes, the galaxy nexus will be getting Key Lime Pie
Tammy C: Is there anything else i may assist you with?
Tammy C: I know your time is valuable and I would like to assist you in resolving any questions you have. Would you like to continue chatting with me today?

YEY!

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site

That was a waste of time reading. CS is never going to have real answers to those questions. By the time most workers know something like future update plans or calling plan changes it is public knowledge.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I have to agree... Last thing I ever do is put any real faith in what CS says.....

GN should almost certainly receive KLP ... Even if they don't officially offer it, the development community will have it for rooted users.

We might even continue our trend and see it before Verizon GNex folks do :p

(Sorry my fellow Verizon folks... Gotta poke a little fun..)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Did the Nexus S receive JB?

Yes.

How many OS upgrades did it receive, so far?

Two.

How many OS upgrades has the GN received?

One.

Thus, Occam's razor... :D

That and the chance that the CS rep (1) knew what KLP was, or even (2) knew what a Nexus is in relation to Google = slim to none.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Did the Nexus S receive JB?

Yes.

How many OS upgrades did it receive, so far?

Two.

How many OS upgrades has the GN received?

One.

Thus, Occam's razor... :D

That and the chance that the CS rep (1) knew what KLP was, or even (2) knew what a Nexus is in relation to Google = slim to none.

Not only did the nexus s receive two OS upgrades, the jump from GB to ICS was massive. No reason to believe the same will happen with gnex. Heck Nexus S 4G received JB even though it has been EOL for awhile now.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Probably a good idea to change/update the title of this thread to avoid people going further off on a tangent.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus w/Jelly Bean.

azgalorRC

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Probably a good idea to change/update the title of this thread to avoid people going further off on a tangent.

I would if I could.. I tried editing the original post but I don't have the option to change the title.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I would if I could.. I tried editing the original post but I don't have the option to change the title.

Thread title changed to a more suitable wording :)

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even understanding why someone would even ask about a future OS update when we just recently received Jelly Bean?????

Then to mini rant about having to possibly buy another phone????

I love my Android family , but dang!!!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On a side note, as far as I know, Google has not announced KLP yet, so it does not exist. So getting an upgrade to it, cannot happen.
I would hazard a guess that since we're forum browsers here, that we actually know MORE than the CS reps, who are probably no more knowledgeable about our specific phones than the kid handing your burgers to you at the drive through window...

ian3047#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can see the rep now, thinking ok let me give it a minute, and now I'll just say yes to get rid of this customer. Very weird questions for customer service unless maybe it was a joke.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The rep was speaking on a "this is the info at hand" basis. KLP does not exist, so there can be no info regarding an update to it. So if the rep searches for info and sees no expected update, he would have to assume that there is not and will not be one, because "the OS doesn't even exist"!

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Why can't people just be happy with what they have? I'm all for getting the latest and greatest updates but asking a CSR if the GNex is getting an update no one knows about is a bit much. No one knows what phones are getting KLP or what the OS upgrade even consists of. How about we take a step back and enjoy what you have for a bit.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
why do people hate me for asking a few questions. im sorry, i wont do it again..

We don't hate ya for asking ;)
We just wanted to point out that the CSR's are pretty much clueless until there is an official announcement (and in a lot of cases, for a few days after!). Even Google has not announced what the next version of Android will be, although quite likely will be called KLP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma