Android 4.1.2: How Long Before We Get The Update?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree.. I can't wait for the next updated build of AOKP for the Sprint Gnex.. I'm currently running build 4.

This is indeed a very good sign, maybe Sprint will finally let it loose and give us true AOSP support so building from source will be a breeze..

I've built quite a few times on the NS4G my old device and would really look forward to doing it on the Sprint Gnex.

Dude, I didn't know you cooked? Build it up and I'll give it a test. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there any thing different that's noticeable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I'm also running a stock verions on 4.1.2 that I flashed. I haven't really noticed anything different. Maybe it's a little smoother when swiping around the launcher, but it could be just my imagination. I've read that 4.1.2 supports using the launcher in landscape orientation, but only for the Nexus 7 tablet, not for the Galaxy Nexus phone. But if you're rooted you can change something in the build.prop file to enable it on the phone. I'm going to look into that.

Anyway, I'll pay attention and report back if I find any changes.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
4.1.2 is bug fixes and cleaned up code. There's only a few UI changes and most of those aren't immediately noticeable, except the one finger swipe expandable notifications instead of the old 2 finger.

One other change is texts should auto split now for CDMA devices.

There's a few more, but as I said mostly bug fixes.

4.2 will be more of a UI oriented update, IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
4.1.2 is bug fixes and cleaned up code. There's only a few UI changes and most of those aren't immediately noticeable, except the one finger swipe expandable notifications instead of the old 2 finger.

One other change is texts should auto split now for CDMA devices.

There's a few more, but as I said mostly bug fixes.

4.2 will be more of a UI oriented update, IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Would you believe me if I told you I was never aware of expandable notifications? Maybe its because I never have that many notifications at once. I'll have to enable sync for my Gmail again so I can test it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and 4.1.2 allows u to FINALLY send pics through the data network and wifi

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2