GNexus UNROOT & RETURN TO STOCK HELP!!! (ODIN)

ARuss

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I have posted on here before but didnt have access to a computer. Now I do have access to a pc running windows 7 and found a video from QBKING77 on how to unroot and return to stock. i downloaded the drivers, tar files, and the ODIN program. The problem that I have with doing this method is that when I put my phone into ODIN mode and plug it into my computer, ODIN doesnt recognize my phone...when I PLUG THE PHONE IN...WINDOWS RECOGNIZES IT BUT ODIN WONT... IF ANYONE COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!! My Gnex is on 4.1 rooted. (I bought this phone not knowing it was rooted) :'(

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No need for Odin -- this is a Nexus. :) It's easier than that.

Follow the instructions here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-return-your-gsm-nexus-stock-flash-takju.html

Phil, pretty serious flaw here. the Sprint Galaxy Nexus is NOT a GSM Phone. The OP will have serious issues if he tries to flash it to the Takju version.

Odin has always been a pain with working, and it's likely that your usb cable isn't up to the task. Also make sure that device manager sees all the devices the phone shows up as, and you have it in bootloader (odin) mode, or ODIN won't see it.

ARuss

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the original cord that came with the phone... and its I'm Odin mode when I plug it in. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the original cord that came with the phone... and its I'm Odin mode when I plug it in. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
You can always use the latest Wugs Tool Kit to restore to stock. Seeing how Sprint finally released official factory restore for the GNex, the tool kit was updated to support this along with many other options. If your having issues with Odin seeing the device its either USB cable or driver problem related... Wugs usually comes thru in this situation.

I hate One Click's but in the case of the GNex its been a pain in the ass since day one for getting those drivers properly installed.