Galaxy s2 or nexus

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Idk what happen my boot loader is unlocked and custom recovery installed but for some reason its not showing I have root access

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Idk what happened I unlocked the boot loader installed custom recovery but its telling me I'm not rooted idk why phones says its not but computer said it was

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Idk what happened I unlocked the boot loader installed custom recovery but its telling me I'm not rooted idk why phones says its not but computer said it was

Unlocking will only allow you to write to the system partition of the internal memory. Installing the custom recovery is where the magic happens. You need to boot into recovery, and install either "root" or a custom rom which will typically come pre-rooted. Your phone is saying it's not rooted, because it's unlocked, custom recovery, but not rooted yet.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I got it I had to install superuser binaries from recovery were good now wait in on paranoid to download now

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I got it I had to install superuser binaries from recovery were good now wait in on paranoid to download now

Yeah forgot to add that part and I hope u made a backup of your stock ROM before u flashed the other rom

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend has a nexus coming in the next day r 2 and was wondering what u guys thought should I swap her for my s2 or keep the s2 I like it but the nexus looks nicer and has a much better display and I like the 3 button home row but idk yet any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sent from my totally awesome jellybeanerific S2 epic 4G touch using tapatalk!

I own both the Gnex and Note 2 on Verizon. Go with the Note 2. My G Nexus has turned into nothing but an iPod touch running CM10.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No I didnt back up first and now it boots but gapps crashes idk I guess I got the wrong gapps download im waiting on others to download and try now hope it works

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out I just had to go back to stock jb then re flash with the right gapps I'm running the 4.2 version and so far it's awesome my screen real estate is opened back up :) lol and its incredibly smooth and fast its like a whole new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2