Finally rooted successfully!

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
After numerous failed attempts in the past at rooting and flashing new ROMS i finally gave in and tried it on my gnexus. And it worked very well. Got it rooted and have flashed the black bean rom 6 onto it. Its working very well but i am curious as to if anyone else has any suggestions as to other good ROMs and apps i should look into.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
After numerous failed attempts in the past at rooting and flashing new ROMS i finally gave in and tried it on my gnexus. And it worked very well. Got it rooted and have flashed the black bean rom 6 onto it. Its working very well but i am curious as to if anyone else has any suggestions as to other good ROMs and apps i should look into.

Mmuzzy makes great AOSP ROMs. I'm running his 4.2.1 build

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Now I am having an issue. Lol. I am not having sync errors on my Google calander and YouTube. Everything is working fine. Gmail my contacts Google voice. But not those two. Any ideas?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been using AOKP ROMs for quite some time... Very stable and tons of customizing options but doesn't have that appearance of being weighed down with tons of options.

Running Mosley's Lean Kernel with it... Flash it and good battery life, never mess with it and all is good.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using AOKP ROMs for quite some time... Very stable and tons of customizing options but doesn't have that appearance of being weighed down with tons of options.

Running Mosley's Lean Kernel with it... Flash it and good battery life, never mess with it and all is good.

I'll admit. That's actually one of the reasons I gave in and rooted. I wanted to get better battery life.

Can you give me the links for the ROM and kernal?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright, the noob in me is screaming out for assistance on this one. I didnt like how the BlackBean 6 ROM i was running could not connect to youtube at all. I reflashed back to stock and re flashed to bb6 but to no avail. I was going to be trying maddog's ROM but now my computer is not recognizing my gnexus when i am in USB debugging mode. It is saying a hardware ID or something like that is missing. I can turn off USB debugging and it will recognize it then but i cant find the files i am transfering over to it through TWRP then to flash the new ROM. Any suggestions?

BTW i checked through wugs root tool kit on the drivers and that program recognizes my phone no problem with USB debug turned on

Edit: don't know how but it started working again out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good app to check out is Goo Manager from the Google Play Store. It will show you a list of compatible ROMs specifically for your device that are from the well known developers that have their apps listed on Goo Manager. You can download them, along with the latest GAPPS packages if needed and backup & flash all from within Goo Manager.

AOKP
CodeNameAndroid
Cyanogen Mod ROM

just to name a few...

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
yhunaqeh.jpg

Got my phone all set up now. Loving it. It feels like a new phone now.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
What did you end up deciding on for ROM? I like the looks of your setup :)

I'm running mad dogs ROM right now. So far it is the only one that hasn't had any issues for me. The first one I tried you tube and Google calendar wouldn't sync. The second one I tried the radios would work so I couldn't make calls.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Awesome... I ran some of mad doggins earlier work. He has an impressive dev background. Back on the Samsung Epic 4g he ported over a boatload of Lockscreen Mods from a different device which was more than a simple porting process which involved some good coding skills to get it to work.

I may have to revisit his newer work and check it out :)

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Awesome... I ran some of mad doggins earlier work. He has an impressive dev background. Back on the Samsung Epic 4g he ported over a boatload of Lockscreen Mods from a different device which was more than a simple porting process which involved some good coding skills to get it to work.

I may have to revisit his newer work and check it out :)

So far it is very smooth and I have had no complaints yet. But its been less then a day so far. Only time will tell. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What theme pack you running on that setup Verdes? Like those onscreen buttons and it carries over into the notifications too...

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am noticing that this ROM is a bit of a battery drain. I'm looking at a few different kernels. Any suggestions for one that would go with this one?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Noob question again, if the ROM I am using has an update to I need to reflash like I'm coming from a different ROM or can I just download it and go install it right away from twrp?

Edit: never mind. Got it figured out. :p

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs