Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
thank you my brother.

bJw4O0j.png

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The last time I did the Google framework thing, I lost access to the Play Store until the update finally hit my phone about a week later, which fixed it. So I guess I'll wait it out. For anyone who did get the OTA please let us know about any issues you notice. It will be appreciated. :)

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

TheJonathanSway

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just did mine after resetting the framework services three times. No issues with sprint data in Seattle area.
On another note its great having the same os across all three of my nexus devices

Brettbesa

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I cleared the services framework several times and when I finally got the update, I downloaded it and it started installing and then booted up back into 4.1.1. I can't get it to see the update now no matter how many times I clear the services framework. What happened?

Last edited:

Seattle Nexus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So I cleared the services framework several times and when I finally got the update, I downloaded it and it started installing and then booted up back into 4.1.1. I can't get it to see the update now no matter how many times I clear the services framework. What happened?

Not sure what might have happened, but this might help. I tried forcing the update 15-20x this evening using the Clear Data/Force Stop on Google Svcs Framework. I then decided to turn off wi-fi, cleared the data and forced stop once more... presto! Got the download! So try turning off wi-fi, if it's on. One the download starts, If you're in an area like mine w/ no LTE, and the download is crawling along on just 3G, just jump back into settings during the download and turn wi-fi back on... it should resume the download at a faster pace.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this afternoon. I'm going to let it settle in before I make any comments.

I do want to say this though, I actually commend Sprint for getting the update out this fast, given the CDMA issues.

While the updates usually come a couple of months after Google drops them, they do come. And Sprint didn't add bloatware like another CDMA carrier we know.

I hope they get future Nexus devices.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried forcing the update 15-20x this evening using the Clear Data/Force Stop on Google Svcs Framework. I then decided to turn off wi-fi, cleared the data and forced stop once more... presto! Got the download!
Worked the same for me. Soon as I turned off wifi, cleared the framework, did a battery pull and it downloaded. Turned on wifi and its installing now. thanks!

Brettbesa

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
No dice. Really puzzled about this...
Edit: So I factory reset the device and as soon as I cleared the framework, I got the update again. Now let's see if it boots up into 4.2.1...
Edit 2: Nope, same thing as before. Went through the installer, got the got the bugdroid with the plate open and the exclamation mark, rebooted... into 4.1.1.

Last edited:

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I was trying the Google Services Framework force stop clear data deal and now when I go to Apps --> All the Google Services Framework is no longer there. What did I do and how do I get it back? Hah. Also, I remember there was a 3rd option in About Phone --> Spring System Updates and that was what you were supposed to click, right? That option for me is also gone, just the Update Profile and Update PRL still exist. Not rooted, still running 4.1.1.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it, I accidentally had it disabled so it went to the bottom of the list. Found it. Enabled and all is in working order now, but still no update.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
the only glitch I have found is that I now can not update apps in the play store. I tried clearing out the play store data, and still nothing. I just get a download error. LTE is working 3G is fine. Tried it on WiFi still no dice....

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
well mine downloaded went to install and failed a check of looks to be the radio. anyone know of a fix? ive already flashed to stock using the tool kit and still no dice.

gh0st665

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I kept getting a (status 7) error on Google Earth.system.apk and the OTA failed. I reloaded Google Earth and converted it back to a system application through Titanium Back-Up and it still wouldn't take. I got sick of forcing the OTA so, I just flashed back to an old image that had Google Earth already on it and flashed from a .zip through CWM recovery. After that it was game, set and match! Enjoying the 4.2.1 goodnes right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana