4.2.1 and vibration

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Prior to the 4.2.1 upgrade, I had my gmail set to show a notification in the notification bar when I received a new email, make a sound and not vibrate. If I put my phone on vibrate, I would just get the icon in the notification bar, no sound and no vibrate. Now, after the 4.2.1 upgrade, when my phone is on vibrate, when I receive a gmail message, even though the gmail app is set to not vibrate, my phone still vibrates.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

p8ntballer052

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I received the update this morning, and the same thing is happening for SMS texts. I use handcent, and it is set to NOT vibrate when receiving messages, but it began vibrating after the updating. I can't say for gmail, as I don't have that set up to sync, but I'm assuming it must be the same issue.

It's very frustrating not being able to get it to quit vibrating. The only point in which I want to hear it vibrate is if I'm getting a phone call.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I received the update this morning, and the same thing is happening for SMS texts. I use handcent, and it is set to NOT vibrate when receiving messages, but it began vibrating after the updating. I can't say for gmail, as I don't have that set up to sync, but I'm assuming it must be the same issue.

It's very frustrating not being able to get it to quit vibrating. The only point in which I want to hear it vibrate is if I'm getting a phone call.

Yep, me too, I just want vibrate for phone calls. I noticed Google Voice is also vibrating when it is set to not vibrate. I guess this is a bug in Sprint's 4.2.1 update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2