Unwanted Wifi hotspot

bugz_92

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
A couple of days ago I was on my Asus computer, and I used a program called instant connect. And that set up tethering however, I realized that it was useless, and I have no intention of using it because once tethering activates the data on the phone goes out. However every time I connect my phone to my computer it automatically tries to tether and cuts off the data and that is annoying. I tried everything to make it stop trying to connect every time I connect my phone but I could not get it to stop. I wish it would go back to the default setting in which there was nothing in the "Setup WiFi hotspot" setting that it tries to connect to. Do any of you guys have any suggestions, I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't out of ideas. And I know most of you know all about tethering and the Sprint Gnex.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Sprint doesn't allow tethering anymore. They want people to buy a data card or wireless hotspot. Please don't abuse your unlimited data, or we'll end up like Verizon users with tiered plans and data caps.

bugz_92

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ummm... you didn't answer my question but I figured it out myself. An app was downloaded on my phone by the Asus Instant Connect program called IC Link and it activated every time I plugged my phone to the computer, so I deleted the app. I hope no one else has a similar issue because it was very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12