Phone dialer unresponsive???

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! Recently (just before the upgrade to 4.2.1) whenever I make or receive calls, the screen stays black when in the call and stays black when the call finishes. This makes leaving a voicemail or using any type of phone options impossible - "Dial 2 for customer service" etc, because the screen just stays black. I can't hang up either.

Most of the time I have to pull the battery when the call is completed. I have occationally seen "phone dialer unresponsive" messages, but like I said, the screen usually just stays black.
What good is a smart phone, if the phone part is worthless?

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Never had that happen. Are you running stock, or have you modified your system in any way? If you do a factory reset and it's still doing it, it's likely that something is blocking the proximity sensor, or it's failed making it think that it's up against your face all the time.
Quick things to check, is if you have a case or screen protector covering the little dots up by the front camera. Visible dust under the screen in that area.

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, ratsttam. I'm completely stock and not rooted. I did a full factory reset after the upgrade to 4.2.1. I don't use a case or a screen protector. I think the proximity sensor might be bad.

Never had that happen. Are you running stock, or have you modified your system in any way? If you do a factory reset and it's still doing it, it's likely that something is blocking the proximity sensor, or it's failed making it think that it's up against your face all the time.
Quick things to check, is if you have a case or screen protector covering the little dots up by the front camera. Visible dust under the screen in that area.