Battery not charging

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a new extended battery a month ago and now it will no longer charge. my original battery charges fine. Is it my phone?

I don't think the problem is the phone, but the extended battery. You proved it wasn't the phone when you charged your OEM battery, or at least I am understanding that you charged it after you realized the extended battery wouldn't charge. If that is all true, then I would contact the manufacturer of the extended battery and inform them of what happened.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What brand/where did you get the battery? Some of the really high capacity batteries (3500mah +) sometimes require a separate charger (It should have said so on the product listing). If otherwise, you might be best to contact the manufacturer as it's probably a faulty battery, as golfdriver97 suggested.

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung OEM extended battery from sprint
What brand/where did you get the battery? Some of the really high capacity batteries (3500mah +) sometimes require a separate charger (It should have said so on the product listing). If otherwise, you might be best to contact the manufacturer as it's probably a faulty battery, as golfdriver97 suggested.

skypilotks

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few bad batteries from the free (just s&h) extended batteries they have been sending

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Rocco Conaci

May 10, 2013
Visit site
MY samsung nexus would only charge in the off postion. I did a little research and found a possible workaround. Go into settings battery and then charge your phone you will notice when your phone is plugged in the percentage of the battery will go up. This means it is receiving charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781