Universal Qi Battery Charging...Anyone tried this on our phones?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
One of the reviews says they used it and it works great for our phones. Since I have the zerolemon battery I don't charge as often, but would be nice to have for bedtime charging. I took my zerolemon case and stuck in a piece of paper the estimated size and it seems like it would fit. IF you have a case of some kind any extra bulk it makes should work I'd think...I just may order it. If I do I'll post up impressions.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wir...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3519276
The same can be found on ebay cheaper too it seems by searching universal wireless usb charger etc.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I don't think I've seen anything like that - the connection to the USB port would probably bother me if left on all the time.

Let us know what you think of it.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So far this things awesome. its working great and makes me feel like I have my palm pre back with the touchstone wireless charger!

Attached are a few pictures. It fits pretty awesome and for the right cost you could find the receiver for the phone for $8 and the charger for $10 and make your galaxy nexus wireless. The tab that plugs into the usb doesnt stick out much at all, especially with the zerolemon battery/case!
IMG_9493.jpg
IMG_9487.jpg
IMG_9489.jpg

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, I ran into a hiccup last night. Being the zerolemon is such a big battery, the qi charger is too slow with my current settings to go from 9% last night to full. It only got up to 62%. But that was having wifi, data/sync, bluetooth & daydream with the clock setting all turned on. Tonight I'll test it turning those off (which I dont need at bed time anyways). The daydream setting keeping the screen on slightly dim for the clock may have been the main reason it didn't charge faster. It would work perfectly on a stock battery, but for the big zerolemon, it may take a bit longer to get to 100%, but either way I am pleased.

Also the base makes a slight beep noise when you put it on the base so thats helpful to know its charging.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

If your interested in buying, search ebay for "universal qi usb" for the phone receiver and make sure to get the usb with type A that has the correct usb port.

For the charger you can get a various kind of styles by searching "qi charger", the one I got was the hockey puck looking one because its smaller.

***UPDATE***
As a test I charged it for 1 hour with all settings on & daydream off & then again for another hour with all settings off. Results below

1 Hour with everything off = 14% increase in battery
1 Hour with everything on = 9% increase in battery (wifi/data/sync/bluetooth)

So it looks like its definitely a huge difference when you have your settings on or off.

Last edited:

CommoDawg01

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed that the Qi Receiver that you are using in the photo max output is 500mA. I use the BLUBOON Qi universal, it starts at 500mA-1000mA (max) output. The cost is just under 14.00 for BLUBOON but I believe that if you tried it you might see faster charging results. Just a suggestion.

JSP