World Phone

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In Sprint Press Release it mentions the phone will have GSM Bands

I hope Sprint lets us unlock it and not have to use their service while overseas.

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for this too...as I'm looking to visit Canada sometime next year, and wouldn't mind just getting a local SIM and slotting it into the device without having to worry about crazy charges for using global data.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope it is a world phone too. I cannot wait for the final specs to be out.

Sent from my MZ609 using Tapatalk 2

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty awesome to hear, but if Sprint doesn't improve the network here (Colorado Springs), I'll probably be switching to T-Mobile month to month.

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
also of note, the last 4g lte world phone from sprint ( photon q) was locked down with an embedded GSM chip. It really sounds to me like I'll be bringing my note business elsewhere.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Embedded Sim meaning? It will only work if Sprint activates it?
I don't Travel much so wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but would have been nice to be able to unlock and use other sims from other networks. This is the live we live in a CDMA work i guess lol

dkositsky

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with a Sprint rep yesterday and they confirmed the Note II will have an embedded SIM.
T-Mobile is looking better every day. Not to mention this article stating it may launch as early as the 24th of October at T-Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy Note II Launching In Both White And Gray On October 24th? | | TmoNewsTmoNews
I certainly hope it is not embedded. I read the press release and it said quote:
International voice and data capable with GSM/UMTS/CDMA networks.
this was included under the bullet points for the phone's features from sprint.
I might also change to T Mobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital