Sprint Announces Note 2 on Sale October 25!

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting it first day? I was in line for the Palm Pre, but I'm thinking of waiting for the 32g version. How about you?

Traxion

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll pick one up, but I have till the end of the year to use my upgrade. So I may wait a couple weeks to see if someone like Best Buy or Radio Shack runs a sale like they did with the S3. Hopefully take some heft off the $300 price tag.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am going to wait until December to see if there are any price drops and if the one available 10/25 is only 16 GB, also to wait to get a 32 GB perhaps for what they are selling the 16 GB for at launch. I want the 32 GB because my hope is that one of the many developers working on Open webOS will work on a dual boot for the Note 2 and want to have plenty of room for both operating systems.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If they following conventional pricing schemes they will probably want yet another 100 bucks for the 32 GB version. I am paying full price for this thing so that's getting a little out of hand especially since the 16 gb on my S3 still is enough for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just had to inform my son that his upgrade was being taken hostage. Now I just have to see if BB is taking pre-orders and it's all good from there.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Do we KNOW this $299 version is only 16GB?

From talking to Sprint about Pre Orders which they have not yet confirmed. I was told to go to the store that day lol. This will be for the 16gb version. There is no word on the 32. I want the 32 but with the expandable storage( that you Samsung) to 64 . the internal storage is not that big of a deal. Also you can get 3 x 32gbs Cards for less than the 64.

I really want to get this on the 25th but sales have been a bit slow and the upgrade that we get to use is only at a sprint store and i need to use the buy back program. My E4GT is only worth 88 bucks at Sprint but i can make a Combo deal and sell it for alot more online. Any word on the full price.

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether to buy it on the 25th or sit tight for a week or two to see if anyone runs a sale...
What are my chances a sake will run somewhere for $199? I probably would be less inclined to wait for only $50 off, but for $100 I could try really hard to be patient

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
If you have the real patients man, wait till black Friday. Amazon did that penny sale last year and my friend picked up 2 brand new razrs

Evil Evo

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh there's no way I can have that much patience! I've been waiting for a note since the first one was only an awesome rumor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was set to get the Note 2 on launch day for Sprint, but after Google announced their 10/29 event, I think I'm going to wait it out a bit and see what other surprises Google has in store for us.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was set to get the Note 2 on launch day for Sprint, but after Google announced their 10/29 event, I think I'm going to wait it out a bit and see what other surprises Google has in store for us.

That's cool... Not me, though. I don't really have any interest in a Nexus device. Not that I have anything against them, mind you; but the Note 2 is the kind of phone that I've been looking forward to for quite a while.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Our subsidy for upgrading isn't available till April 1, so basically 5 months after the release. :( I was trying to figure out some way of expediting this and I came up with a plan, but I'm not sure how feasible it is:

1) Purchase a Note 2 from BB using my BB Credit Card on October 25 (or thereabouts). I assume it will be $800
2) In April (or sometime afterwards) purchase a new Sprint phone at subsidized price. (say $300)
3) Sell new phone just purchased as an unlocked Sprint phone with clear ESN for subsidized price. (say $800)

This way, the $500 extra I put on my credit card now gets paid off once I sell the other phone. The main issue I have is that there's no guarentee that I'll be able to sell that new phone come April for that price. Who knows what the economy has in store, right? But even if I could, I'm still unclear as to whether I could sell it with a clear ESN. My sense is that I would need to switch my line to the new phone, then back to my Note 2, in order for the ESN to be clear?

It's very tempting to be able to buy one in just a week, but I don't want to screw myself out of hundreds of dollars that I could be saving. Right now, not having to wait 5 months is not worth the $500 I might be risking in the process!

unite

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Also remember sometimes sprint tries to call any new phone you activate on your account your "upgrade" even if it is a phone you already own.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Also remember sometimes sprint tries to call any new phone you activate on your account your "upgrade" even if it is a phone you already own.

Never had that happen... I have bought many a phone and activated them on lines that had upgrades available.

Is that a common thing? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz