10-19-2012 10:46 PM
42 12
tools
    Are you getting it first day? I was in line for the Palm Pre, but I'm thinking of waiting for the 32g version. How about you?
    10-16-2012 08:40 AM
    I will have mine on October 25. I have waited for this for a long time.
    10-16-2012 08:46 AM
    I'll pick one up, but I have till the end of the year to use my upgrade. So I may wait a couple weeks to see if someone like Best Buy or Radio Shack runs a sale like they did with the S3. Hopefully take some heft off the $300 price tag.
    10-16-2012 08:53 AM
    I am going to wait until December to see if there are any price drops and if the one available 10/25 is only 16 GB, also to wait to get a 32 GB perhaps for what they are selling the 16 GB for at launch. I want the 32 GB because my hope is that one of the many developers working on Open webOS will work on a dual boot for the Note 2 and want to have plenty of room for both operating systems.
    10-16-2012 11:13 AM
    If they following conventional pricing schemes they will probably want yet another 100 bucks for the 32 GB version. I am paying full price for this thing so that's getting a little out of hand especially since the 16 gb on my S3 still is enough for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 11:45 AM
    I just had to inform my son that his upgrade was being taken hostage. Now I just have to see if BB is taking pre-orders and it's all good from there.
    10-16-2012 11:56 AM
    Do we KNOW this $299 version is only 16GB?
    10-16-2012 12:21 PM
    grrr I hope AT&T release doesn't hang until mid November or I will be forced to buy Sprint version renew contract
    10-16-2012 12:21 PM
    Do we KNOW this $299 version is only 16GB?
    From talking to Sprint about Pre Orders which they have not yet confirmed. I was told to go to the store that day lol. This will be for the 16gb version. There is no word on the 32. I want the 32 but with the expandable storage( that you Samsung) to 64 . the internal storage is not that big of a deal. Also you can get 3 x 32gbs Cards for less than the 64.

I really want to get this on the 25th but sales have been a bit slow and the upgrade that we get to use is only at a sprint store and i need to use the buy back program. My E4GT is only worth 88 bucks at Sprint but i can make a Combo deal and sell it for alot more online. Any word on the full price.
    10-16-2012 04:51 PM
    Any word on off contact pricing?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 07:20 PM
    I might have to wait til black Friday or Christmas to get it. Sucks! :/

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 07:45 PM
    I'm trying to decide whether to buy it on the 25th or sit tight for a week or two to see if anyone runs a sale...
    What are my chances a sake will run somewhere for $199? I probably would be less inclined to wait for only $50 off, but for $100 I could try really hard to be patient

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-2012 07:47 PM
    If you have the real patients man, wait till black Friday. Amazon did that penny sale last year and my friend picked up 2 brand new razrs

Evil Evo
    10-17-2012 03:21 AM
    I have the galaxy S3 now, but in Feb, I think I'm going to switch to the note 2

Sent From My Galaxy Slll
    10-17-2012 04:19 AM
    Oh there's no way I can have that much patience! I've been waiting for a note since the first one was only an awesome rumor.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Uncle Louie and almath like this.
    10-17-2012 06:18 AM
    I was set to get the Note 2 on launch day for Sprint, but after Google announced their 10/29 event, I think I'm going to wait it out a bit and see what other surprises Google has in store for us.
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    10-17-2012 09:06 PM
    I was set to get the Note 2 on launch day for Sprint, but after Google announced their 10/29 event, I think I'm going to wait it out a bit and see what other surprises Google has in store for us.
    That's cool... Not me, though. I don't really have any interest in a Nexus device. Not that I have anything against them, mind you; but the Note 2 is the kind of phone that I've been looking forward to for quite a while.
    Sh3ngLong and almath like this.
    10-17-2012 09:11 PM
    Our subsidy for upgrading isn't available till April 1, so basically 5 months after the release. I was trying to figure out some way of expediting this and I came up with a plan, but I'm not sure how feasible it is:

1) Purchase a Note 2 from BB using my BB Credit Card on October 25 (or thereabouts). I assume it will be $800
    2) In April (or sometime afterwards) purchase a new Sprint phone at subsidized price. (say $300)
    3) Sell new phone just purchased as an unlocked Sprint phone with clear ESN for subsidized price. (say $800)

This way, the $500 extra I put on my credit card now gets paid off once I sell the other phone. The main issue I have is that there's no guarentee that I'll be able to sell that new phone come April for that price. Who knows what the economy has in store, right? But even if I could, I'm still unclear as to whether I could sell it with a clear ESN. My sense is that I would need to switch my line to the new phone, then back to my Note 2, in order for the ESN to be clear?

It's very tempting to be able to buy one in just a week, but I don't want to screw myself out of hundreds of dollars that I could be saving. Right now, not having to wait 5 months is not worth the $500 I might be risking in the process!
    10-17-2012 10:17 PM
    Also remember sometimes sprint tries to call any new phone you activate on your account your "upgrade" even if it is a phone you already own.
    10-17-2012 10:42 PM
    Also remember sometimes sprint tries to call any new phone you activate on your account your "upgrade" even if it is a phone you already own.
    Never had that happen... I have bought many a phone and activated them on lines that had upgrades available.

Is that a common thing?
    10-17-2012 11:04 PM
    Our subsidy for upgrading isn't available till April 1, so basically 5 months after the release. I was trying to figure out some way of expediting this and I came up with a plan, but I'm not sure how feasible it is:

1) Purchase a Note 2 from BB using my BB Credit Card on October 25 (or thereabouts). I assume it will be $800
    2) In April (or sometime afterwards) purchase a new Sprint phone at subsidized price. (say $300)
    3) Sell new phone just purchased as an unlocked Sprint phone with clear ESN for subsidized price. (say $800)

This way, the $500 extra I put on my credit card now gets paid off once I sell the other phone. The main issue I have is that there's no guarentee that I'll be able to sell that new phone come April for that price. Who knows what the economy has in store, right? But even if I could, I'm still unclear as to whether I could sell it with a clear ESN. My sense is that I would need to switch my line to the new phone, then back to my Note 2, in order for the ESN to be clear?

It's very tempting to be able to buy one in just a week, but I don't want to screw myself out of hundreds of dollars that I could be saving. Right now, not having to wait 5 months is not worth the $500 I might be risking in the process!
    Do I understand in your scenario that you don't have the ready cash for the device and will need to finance through BB? While I would never suggest a scenario that puts you in debt, may I offer one other possibility?

Contact Sprint and see how much an early upgrade would cost? Since your upgrade is only 5 months away they will likely charge you around $75 to upgrade early, in which case you can scrounge up that small amount between now and the end of the month or next, and then get the device on subsidy for $300.

This way you don't owe anything extra, you get your new phone in 30 days or so, and you avoid the hassle and pressure of trying sell an extra device later. By April you could pay off the $300 and be free of any financial obligation other than your Sprint contract. Just a thought from techie to another

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    10-18-2012 12:01 AM
    Do I understand in your scenario that you don't have the ready cash for the device and will need to finance through BB? While I would never suggest a scenario that puts you in debt, may I offer one other possibility?

Contact Sprint and see how much an early upgrade would cost? Since your upgrade is only 5 months away they will likely charge you around $75 to upgrade early, in which case you can scrounge up that small amount between now and the end of the month or next, and then get the device on subsidy for $300.

This way you don't owe anything extra, you get your new phone in 30 days or so, and you avoid the hassle and pressure of trying sell an extra device later. By April you could pay off the $300 and be free of any financial obligation other than your Sprint contract. Just a thought from techie to another

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah. I have the $300, but given our budget and cash flow, it wouldn't be pretty if I took it out to pay for a new phone! My wife would probably divorce me ;-) So you really think Sprint would go for it? And they would allow me to do it even though I was buying it from Best Buy instead of directly through Sprint or Sprint store?
    10-18-2012 05:45 AM
    Yeah. I have the $300, but given our budget and cash flow, it wouldn't be pretty if I took it out to pay for a new phone! My wife would probably divorce me ;-) So you really think Sprint would go for it? And they would allow me to do it even though I was buying it from Best Buy instead of directly through Sprint or Sprint store?
    Oh Yes! Sprint doesn't care who purchase the phone from. When you call just tell them you'd like to upgrade your device, and then ask how much would it cost to make the line eligible 5 months early? They will give you what I believe is a reasonable price. As I'm writing this I'm thinking with only 5 month left on your contract it may even be less than $50.

I personally do not buy on contract anymore, but I have 5 lines with Sprint and the other four are all under contract. My niece purchased an iPhone 4s in February on a two year contract. She just upgraded to the iPhone 5 on the same line (8 months into her contract), and Sprint quoted her $275 to make the line eligible for the upgrade. However, because I've been with Sprint for so long, and have multiple lines they gave her a discount and only charged her $195 for the early upgrade.

If I were in your shoes I believe the early upgrade option would be the less expensive route to take.
    10-18-2012 07:28 AM
    You can always threaten to leave without the early upgrade.
    10-18-2012 09:04 AM
    Oh Yes! Sprint doesn't care who purchase the phone from. When you call just tell them you'd like to upgrade your device, and then ask how much would it cost to make the line eligible 5 months early? They will give you what I believe is a reasonable price. As I'm writing this I'm thinking with only 5 month left on your contract it may even be less than $50.

I personally do not buy on contract anymore, but I have 5 lines with Sprint and the other four are all under contract. My niece purchased an iPhone 4s in February on a two year contract. She just upgraded to the iPhone 5 on the same line (8 months into her contract), and Sprint quoted her $275 to make the line eligible for the upgrade. However, because I've been with Sprint for so long, and have multiple lines they gave her a discount and only charged her $195 for the early upgrade.

If I were in your shoes I believe the early upgrade option would be the less expensive route to take.
    Thanks, I guess that's what I will try. Wonder if I should wait an additional week so that it's technically UNDER 5 months, hmmm. Plus I kind of want to make sure that I can get an Otterbox for it, or something similarly protective... Haven't seen anything from Otterbox about the Note 2 yet...
    10-18-2012 09:22 AM
42 12