10-24-2012 08:52 AM
50 12
tools
    Ok so now at&t spilled the beans that their version is up for pre order on the 25th. The plot thickens some more. Did sprint and t-mobile really Hammer out a special deal so they get it early or are all those reports about getting those two variants of the phone in the next two days false and it's really just pre order day? It would be fun going to best buy and actually picking my Sprint version up on Thursday while the next guy is plunking money down for his pre order and gives me envious looks of disbelief as I play with mine. :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-23-2012 09:21 AM
    If Sprint has the phone available in store only on the 25th, when will they have it available online?

I'm hoping to avoid the $36 activation fee by purchasing online.
    10-23-2012 09:44 AM
    Or will we? It's already just 2.5 days till the 25th and there's been absolutely nothing from Sprint. This is really more than annoying. Why are they keeping us all in the dark? I just don't get it. Why can't they come out officially and answer some of these questions so that we can plan accordingly. Do they have some hold-up that is causing uncertainty on their end?
    What are you talking about? Sprint gave an availability date of Oct 25th. How is that keeping us in the dark?

10-23-2012 10:03 AM
    If Sprint has the phone available in store only on the 25th, when will they have it available online?

I'm hoping to avoid the $36 activation fee by purchasing online.
    Usually the same day, in my experience sometimes business customers can order the phone a day earlier.

AnnDroid likes this.
    10-23-2012 10:07 AM
    What are you talking about? Sprint gave an availability date of Oct 25th. How is that keeping us in the dark?

It's the fact that it's not on their website, it's not on best buys site, we don't know from where it will be available.... They just threw us a bone saying it will be available on the 25th in the most general of ways and we haven't heard anything but conflicting reports from different sales channels since.

10-23-2012 10:09 AM
    It's the fact that it's not on their website, it's not on best buys site, we don't know from where it will be available.... They just threw us a bone saying it will be available on the 25th in the most general of ways and we haven't heard anything but conflicting reports from different sales channels since.

It is possible It's not on the site because it isn't a pre-order. If Sprint put it on the site people would complain that they cannot pre-order. Having a solid launch date is sufficient.

almath likes this.
    10-23-2012 10:16 AM
    A coworker of mine also works at Sprint as his second job, he saw the Note 2 in his store last night (held one in his hand). My guess is that it will be in stock for sale on the 25th.
    10-23-2012 11:28 AM
    It is possible It's not on the site because it isn't a pre-order. If Sprint put it on the site people would complain that they cannot pre-order. Having a solid launch date is sufficient.

My brother called sprint to ask about pre orders but they told him it was first come first serve.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    10-23-2012 11:39 AM
    Don't know if its true, but I heard from a reputable source that apple is blocking the launch! When I hear more I will post!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Where ever you heard that", it's BS. The Note(s) weren't even included in Apple's law suit. Not to mention, the appellate court instructed the lower court judge to lift the original ban.

10-23-2012 11:42 AM
    Thought I'd provide another (useless) data point, lol. Was dropping my wife off at the doctor's this afternoon and there was a Sprint store right next door, so stopped in and asked them what they'd heard. Nothing. They know they will get it, but they don't know when (or they wouldn't tell me). He said they might not have it in two days. If he's telling the truth, could be they haven't actually gotten then in stock. Maybe they'll get a small initial shipment in tomorrow, but who knows. He actually offered to take a preorder from me, but I said no - since I'm planning on getting mine at BB. So guess it's just more waiting. Guess we'll more or less know by Thursday morning, or possibly tomorrow sometime around the NYC launch event...
    10-23-2012 02:28 PM
    I saw the OG Note today at Sams Club. I'm SO itching to play with the N2!! My upgrade is burning a hole in my wallet, just waiting for this phone's release.
    10-23-2012 03:14 PM
    I think the different answers people get from asking sprint stores are a result of the different tiers of sprint stores. Corporate ones will get it first together with the next type in line, the premier sprint store. Bottom if the list is your regular franchise sprint store. It's those stores that have no clue when they will get the note 2 in.

I talked to my friend who is the mobile manager at best buy earlier this afternoon, he checked everything he could check again and still nothing. I then called corporate best buy and same story, nothing to be found. This sucks.

10-23-2012 08:40 PM
    I think the different answers people get from asking sprint stores are a result of the different tiers of sprint stores. Corporate ones will get it first together with the next type in line, the premier sprint store. Bottom if the list is your regular franchise sprint store. It's those stores that have no clue when they will get the note 2 in.

I talked to my friend who is the mobile manager at best buy earlier this afternoon, he checked everything he could check again and still nothing. I then called corporate best buy and same story, nothing to be found. This sucks.

Hmmm, disappointing! I guess maybe I won't be getting it this week after all. Need to get it at BB...
    10-23-2012 08:53 PM
    Hmmm, disappointing! I guess maybe I won't be getting it this week after all. Need to get it at BB...
    Yep, me too.
    10-23-2012 09:09 PM
    I will have to do the same thing, I am going either with best buy or radio Shack.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    10-23-2012 09:38 PM
    I also need to get mines from Best Buy. I spoke to a friend who works for Best Buy mobile and she informed me that they will have it Thursday.
    10-23-2012 10:04 PM
    I also need to get mines from Best Buy. I spoke to a friend who works for Best Buy mobile and she informed me that they will have it Thursday.
    I also work at best buy mobile and i havent heard any inside info from best buy corporate news in regards to the release. shes not telling you the truth that we will get it thursday otherwise every best buy mobile employee (including myself) would know about it by now. Sorry to burst your bubble.... I too am also waiting for the note 2 as well.

To give you some additional information about best buys releasing of note 2 tomorrow. I did work for most of the day and didnt receive any note 2s. I also asked inventory to check to see if there are any note 2s coming in tonights shipment as we get our inventory delivered tonight and stocked for tomorrow. She 1st told me to check the sku to see if there is a "note 2" in the inventory and we saw nothing. She then pulled (as i looked on the screen w her) the inventory list of what is being delivered tonight and neither one of us did see any note 2s... She said that if any note 2s are going to be received for tomorrow, then it would be sometime during the day from UPS since its not on the inventory truck for tonight. I also asked my coworker (who closes tonight and does inventory) to text me if we get any in.... still no text, therefore no note 2 for tomorrow. We'll see wednesday night if the outcome is the same for Thursday.

Hate to say it to everyone (including myself) but doesnt look like best buy is getting the note 2 for sprint tomorrow. I hope that my investigation today proves me wrong.

PS. I hate it (and im sure the majority of electronic store employees as well) when a customer calls and ask if the newest phone is in. Customer: "Do you have this (insert newest phone here) in?" You tell them "no. no phones are in. We dont know when we'll get them in. It just comes in at random...." then they ask the same question but in a different way. Customer: "Do you know when you might be getting them in?" You then answer the question in exact same way you answered the first time. "no, no phones are in. We dont know when we'll get them in. It just comes in when inventory brings it out to us from the warehouse...." SMH SMH
    almath likes this.
    10-23-2012 10:13 PM
    Since my wife it taking my S3, I will just get mine through Sprint as soon as its available.
    10-23-2012 10:22 PM
    I also work at best buy mobile and i havent heard any inside info from best buy corporate news in regards to the release. shes not telling you the truth that we will get it thursday otherwise every best buy mobile employee (including myself) would know about it by now. Sorry to burst your bubble.... I too am also waiting for the note 2 as well.
    Thanks for the insight. Just wondering, isn't it possible that other BB's are potentially getting the phone tomorrow (or Thursday) even though yours may not be? I know that different BB's get various new devices at different dates - at least that's the case with some non-mobile-phone devices like tablets. So perhaps SOME BB's will get it in by Thursday but some won't?
    10-23-2012 10:48 PM
    Thanks for posting. I will check it out if that is so.
    10-23-2012 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the insight. Just wondering, isn't it possible that other BB's are potentially getting the phone tomorrow (or Thursday) even though yours may not be? I know that different BB's get various new devices at different dates - at least that's the case with some non-mobile-phone devices like tablets. So perhaps SOME BB's will get it in by Thursday but some won't?

If that was the case then all the best buy mobiles nationwide would receive the same news information on their homepage upon logging into the system or an email about the release of the note 2. Also, the majority of the time we would be receiving a mock dummy phone a day or two before we actually receive the phone. For example, we received the live iphone 5 display to put out for customers to play with a day before it actually released. Nothing received for note 2 that im aware of.
    10-23-2012 10:54 PM
    If that was the case then all the best buy mobiles nationwide would receive the same news information on their homepage upon logging into the system or an email about the release of the note 2. Also, the majority of the time we would be receiving a mock dummy phone a day or two before we actually receive the phone. For example, we received the live iphone 5 display to put out for customers to play with a day before it actually released. Nothing received for note 2 that im aware of.
    Do you guys get training for every model that you carry? When I went to Sprint today to ask about the Note 2, they couldn't confirm that it would definitely be there Thursday, but they did say they'd already had a couple of trainings on it. Just wondering if BB employees had similar such trainings for new devices - at least the premium ones?
    10-23-2012 10:59 PM
    Do you guys get training for every model that you carry? When I went to Sprint today to ask about the Note 2, they couldn't confirm that it would definitely be there Thursday, but they did say they'd already had a couple of trainings on it. Just wondering if BB employees had similar such trainings for new devices - at least the premium ones?
    It depends on location. Prior to me moving back to my homestate and relocating to this best buy, I worked at the biggest best buy in texas. Since the fact that this was a really big best buy, we have more vendors coming in on a weekly basis to show off and talk to us, answer questions about the the newest gadget. That was pretty much the most exclusive training we would get. If not that then the vendor would maybe hold a after hours gathering and talk to us about it then we would drink/socialize the rest of the time. If none of these trainings/gatherings took place, then we do individual trainings online via "e-learnings", where we just read a few pages about the product, take a quiz then that would conclude our training. Those trainings would talk about specs, information pertaining to the phone. In regards to obtaining release dates, etc, I would get that online from sites such as androidcentral.com on my own time.
    dvdmon likes this.
    10-23-2012 11:10 PM
    Note 2 is now selling on T-mobiles website as of midnight!! 649.00 w/o contract 299.99 with!
    10-24-2012 02:41 AM

To give you some additional information about best buys releasing of note 2 tomorrow. I did work for most of the day and didnt receive any note 2s. I also asked inventory to check to see if there are any note 2s coming in tonights shipment as we get our inventory delivered tonight and stocked for tomorrow. She 1st told me to check the sku to see if there is a "note 2" in the inventory and we saw nothing. She then pulled (as i looked on the screen w her) the inventory list of what is being delivered tonight and neither one of us did see any note 2s... She said that if any note 2s are going to be received for tomorrow, then it would be sometime during the day from UPS since its not on the inventory truck for tonight. I also asked my coworker (who closes tonight and does inventory) to text me if we get any in.... still no text, therefore no note 2 for tomorrow. We'll see wednesday night if the outcome is the same for Thursday.

Hate to say it to everyone (including myself) but doesnt look like best buy is getting the note 2 for sprint tomorrow. I hope that my investigation today proves me wrong.

PS. I hate it (and im sure the majority of electronic store employees as well) when a customer calls and ask if the newest phone is in. Customer: "Do you have this (insert newest phone here) in?" You tell them "no. no phones are in. We dont know when we'll get them in. It just comes in at random...." then they ask the same question but in a different way. Customer: "Do you know when you might be getting them in?" You then answer the question in exact same way you answered the first time. "no, no phones are in. We dont know when we'll get them in. It just comes in when inventory brings it out to us from the warehouse...." SMH SMH
    I'm willing to bet that these phones will be drop shipped rather than come in on a truck. I worked a BB for two years.... several years ago, but there we're several times when an product that was expected to release that week didn't show up on the Sat night truck. They were instead drop shipped the day before launch. I think the vendor may do this to keep the SHRINK down and have more control over the launch of the product.

Then again, it could be something Sprint and TMO worked out with Samsung in order to produce more revenue at the local carrier stores, before the big boxes get a hold of them.
    10-24-2012 08:52 AM
50 12