Could October 25, just be the start of Pre-order date???

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So i called sprint business customer care today, and the lady there told me that there are no pre orders and that the phone should just be available on the 25th. When I asked her through what channels she said "all of them". When I asked her if that includes other retailers like best buy and radio Shack she also said yes. She noted that in her system there is no mention of limited availability at all which usually means it's general availability through all channels. Oh well, we will know more in 48 hours.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Well I just called all the retail stores and no one has any information say all on the Samsung galaxy note 2. I even called the Sprint Tele-sales and they still don't have any information. She said if and when the note becomes available it would be posted on the website, so I don't think the 25 th is the magic date.:mad:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they are trying to do an Apple style "here's the device, it will be available on this date, go get it" but "one up" it by having the device the very next day? Who knows...all these launches go off differently. Samsung is trying to do things as Apple-like as possible by launching their device on as many carriers as possible at the same time. Maybe they really will just tell us what's what on Wednesday and sell the thing on Thursday. If not...seems like people singled out November 11th for another date. Why the conflicting answers from different Sprint channels? Why the rather official Sprint announcement? The plot thickens!

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
You would think inventory would be in stores by tomorrow if these are going to be widely available on Thursday.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Just read that Sprint activated LTE in my area today. With unlimited data and this beast of a device coming, it is very tempting to take back this Galaxy S3 that I just got from AT&T last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok so now at&t spilled the beans that their version is up for pre order on the 25th. The plot thickens some more. Did sprint and t-mobile really Hammer out a special deal so they get it early or are all those reports about getting those two variants of the phone in the next two days false and it's really just pre order day? It would be fun going to best buy and actually picking my Sprint version up on Thursday while the next guy is plunking money down for his pre order and gives me envious looks of disbelief as I play with mine. :)

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If Sprint has the phone available in store only on the 25th, when will they have it available online?

I'm hoping to avoid the $36 activation fee by purchasing online.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Or will we? It's already just 2.5 days till the 25th and there's been absolutely nothing from Sprint. This is really more than annoying. Why are they keeping us all in the dark? I just don't get it. Why can't they come out officially and answer some of these questions so that we can plan accordingly. Do they have some hold-up that is causing uncertainty on their end?

What are you talking about? Sprint gave an availability date of Oct 25th. How is that keeping us in the dark?

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
If Sprint has the phone available in store only on the 25th, when will they have it available online?

I'm hoping to avoid the $36 activation fee by purchasing online.

Usually the same day, in my experience sometimes business customers can order the phone a day earlier.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What are you talking about? Sprint gave an availability date of Oct 25th. How is that keeping us in the dark?

It's the fact that it's not on their website, it's not on best buys site, we don't know from where it will be available.... They just threw us a bone saying it will be available on the 25th in the most general of ways and we haven't heard anything but conflicting reports from different sales channels since.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
It's the fact that it's not on their website, it's not on best buys site, we don't know from where it will be available.... They just threw us a bone saying it will be available on the 25th in the most general of ways and we haven't heard anything but conflicting reports from different sales channels since.

It is possible It's not on the site because it isn't a pre-order. If Sprint put it on the site people would complain that they cannot pre-order. Having a solid launch date is sufficient.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
A coworker of mine also works at Sprint as his second job, he saw the Note 2 in his store last night (held one in his hand). My guess is that it will be in stock for sale on the 25th.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It is possible It's not on the site because it isn't a pre-order. If Sprint put it on the site people would complain that they cannot pre-order. Having a solid launch date is sufficient.

My brother called sprint to ask about pre orders but they told him it was first come first serve.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if its true, but I heard from a reputable source that apple is blocking the launch! When I hear more I will post!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

Where ever you ?heard that", it's BS. The Note(s) weren't even included in Apple's law suit. Not to mention, the appellate court instructed the lower court judge to lift the original ban.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd provide another (useless) data point, lol. Was dropping my wife off at the doctor's this afternoon and there was a Sprint store right next door, so stopped in and asked them what they'd heard. Nothing. They know they will get it, but they don't know when (or they wouldn't tell me). He said they might not have it in two days. If he's telling the truth, could be they haven't actually gotten then in stock. Maybe they'll get a small initial shipment in tomorrow, but who knows. He actually offered to take a preorder from me, but I said no - since I'm planning on getting mine at BB. So guess it's just more waiting. Guess we'll more or less know by Thursday morning, or possibly tomorrow sometime around the NYC launch event...

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I saw the OG Note today at Sams Club. I'm SO itching to play with the N2!! My upgrade is burning a hole in my wallet, just waiting for this phone's release.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the different answers people get from asking sprint stores are a result of the different tiers of sprint stores. Corporate ones will get it first together with the next type in line, the premier sprint store. Bottom if the list is your regular franchise sprint store. It's those stores that have no clue when they will get the note 2 in.

I talked to my friend who is the mobile manager at best buy earlier this afternoon, he checked everything he could check again and still nothing. I then called corporate best buy and same story, nothing to be found. This sucks.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the different answers people get from asking sprint stores are a result of the different tiers of sprint stores. Corporate ones will get it first together with the next type in line, the premier sprint store. Bottom if the list is your regular franchise sprint store. It's those stores that have no clue when they will get the note 2 in.

I talked to my friend who is the mobile manager at best buy earlier this afternoon, he checked everything he could check again and still nothing. I then called corporate best buy and same story, nothing to be found. This sucks.

Hmmm, disappointing! I guess maybe I won't be getting it this week after all. :( Need to get it at BB...

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I will have to do the same thing, I am going either with best buy or radio Shack.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums