Trade In ?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone going to take advantage of Sprint's "Trade In" offers?

They're offering me less than $60 for my 3VO. I can get way more than that on craigslist. I'm assuming Best Buy and RS would have similar offers.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone going to take advantage of Sprint's "Trade In" offers?

They're offering me less than $60 for my 3VO. I can get way more than that on craigslist. I'm assuming Best Buy and RS would have similar offers.

They're only offering me $128 for my S3...I could get two and a half times that off ebay.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When I called Sprint today asking about the Note 2, they told me that since I am eligible next April, I could pay 100 over the cost of the phone, so 399 and then give them my GS3 and get 120 bucks back. So basically you give them a phone worth about 400 bucks, and you get the phone for 20 bucks less than the upgrade cost is and you lose your upgrade. I am going with the Best Buy buy back protection plan, I am going to get 350 for my GS3.

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know the exact details on the Best Buy buyback program? I bought a GNex from them in April and then got the buyback because I knew that the GNex wouldn't satisfy me for 2 years and I figured $350 is a pretty nice savings on an off-contract phone. Do I get that $350 (half of the original value which I believe was $700 when I bought it, maybe it was $600 and I'll get $300) right away or do I have to wait a week for processing or whatever, which is what they make you do if you are returning a phone for a new one within the first 30 days you buy it?

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When I google the BB Buyback program, the page that I'm led to says that it's been discontinued? I assume that you had to have bought the phone from BB, but I can't be sure. I don't think there's a big difference between it and Sprint though - My Evo 3D is fetching $53 on Sprint and if I plug it into the BB one it says $60! :)

Speaking of which, my phone's a bit banged up at this point. It's still totally functional and only some minor scratches on the screen, mostly it's the sides and front edges that have lots of scrapes and dents. My assumption is that in that kind of condition I'd be lucky to get $60 on eBay for it, but what do you all think??

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
The buy back program when I signed up for it in April (they may call it something different) was you pay a fee, like $30, and if you trade it in within 18 months you'll get 50% of the original off-contract price for it. So a phone that is $700 off contract will get you $350. If you wait until you're eligible for a new upgrade, like 21 months in or whatever it is, you get 30% of the price and if you wait until 24 months you get 20%... or something along those lines.

But yeah, my Evo 3D was a p.o.s. and after 3 of them I just sat it out with my broken one (internals, not hardware issues) for a few months until Sprint released the Nexus. I had one tiny, like 5 mm, scratch on it so they gave me like $45 for it when I didn't use the buy back program. If I had the buy back program, I'd have gotten a couple hundred

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
na Sprint trade in is a rip off , Sell your toys on Craigslist get more for them.
I sold my S2 for 225.00 last week and meeting another buyer tomorrow that's paying me 100.00 for HTC INC2

Craigslist sales = 325.00

Sprint contract buyout going to cost me 225.00 + 300.00 device.

End result = 200.00 out of pocket for GN2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know the exact details on the Best Buy buyback program? I bought a GNex from them in April and then got the buyback because I knew that the GNex wouldn't satisfy me for 2 years and I figured $350 is a pretty nice savings on an off-contract phone. Do I get that $350 (half of the original value which I believe was $700 when I bought it, maybe it was $600 and I'll get $300) right away or do I have to wait a week for processing or whatever, which is what they make you do if you are returning a phone for a new one within the first 30 days you buy it?

You will be able to trade your phone in the same day you buy the new phone and they will immediately apply your credit for the old phone towards your new purchase, so, no worries about having to wait stuff to be processed or anything like that.

Yes, the program is discontinued so when you buy your new phone you can no longer sign up for it.

Hope that clarifies things.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

kgbj83

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree with slingbox. I sold my GS3 on Cragslist for $500 vs. the $132 Sprint Buy Back offered.

Craigslist Sales = $500.00 - $250 Buy Out - $300 GN2 = $50 Out of Pocket.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh my what a Craigslist day.
I was at Verizon store for 45min buyer no show then a 2nd buyer call comes in offering me 140.00 if I sell to him.
I'm like sure come up to V store its waiting for you , 10 min later 140.00 in hand sales made.

End Result= 160.00 out of pocket for GN2 :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1