The "I've Got My Note 2" Thread!

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got mine at 9am was first customer!! Paid total $530 and this was thrown in for my purchase...I'm excited!

eru7a7ut.jpg

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Just picked mine up. Had to drive an extra 20 minutes before I found a store that had it in stock. The first (corporate) store tried to tell me it wouldn't be out until next month...

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store today and they wouldn't sell me one for the off-contract price! They said I have to be eligible for an upgrade or start a new/second line to get the phone. So because I upgraded to the EVO LTE this past May, I can't get it! I called a few more Sprint stores around the area and they all said the same thing! :mad: I guess I have to wait for Best Buy or Radio Shack since they probably don't care about starting/renewing contracts.

This is weak...

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to my nearest sprint store to purchase it but they were sold out. I'm going to buy off contract and if they don't let me, then I'll add a line and cancel it the next day and pay the ETF. Essentially, you'd be paying the same price.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store today and they wouldn't sell me one for the off-contract price! They said I have to be eligible for an upgrade or start a new/second line to get the phone. So because I upgraded to the EVO LTE this past May, I can't get it! I called a few more Sprint stores around the area and they all said the same thing! :mad: I guess I have to wait for Best Buy or Radio Shack since they probably don't care about starting/renewing contracts.

This is weak...

Wow sorry to hear that. I don't understand if you're willing to buy a phone full price you should be able to do so as you please. My Sprint has no problem taking all my money, it's just weird how they operate differently.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
All right, who has their new precious?

I've had mine for all of 10 minutes, and I'm in love!

Edit: If you need a case, the Body Glove case that Sprint carries it really nice! I usually don't by cases there since they are quite expensive. ..but the ones I ordered online aren't here yet, and I was way paranoid that I was gonna drop it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Do u have a sprint version

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

This is weak...

I ordered mine full price off Sprint Website/

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

This is weak...

I just learned in another thread this is inaccurate. I experienced the same thing. However, if you go to a corporate store you can buy it off contract with no problem. What I understand from the other poster is that the partnership stores only make commission on upgrades and new lines of service. According to the poster they (the partnership store) can sell off contract, but will not offer it as an option and would rather you leave the store empty handed. I just don't get it?

bobbyblaze

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I called around and finally found a silver one and got it about 9am.. The first thing I noticed is it doesn't seem to be able to block numbers like my evo, I need to block my babys momma asap anyone know how?
And How do I boot it into recovery? thanks

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What I understand from the other poster is that the partnership stores only make commission on upgrades and new lines of service. According to the poster they (the partnership store) can sell off contract, but will not offer it as an option and would rather you leave the store empty handed. I just don't get it?

They simply don't make a single dime off selling it at MSRP. Not all phones are this way, but Sprint preferred retailers are paying $649.99 for the N2. So, it's in their interest to sell on upgrade or new to actually make commission from Sprint. They don't care if you leave because they weren't going to make money and you are depleting stock that can make them money.

Now, I would assume they'd let it go if you were buying a bunch of accessories and other stuff. But, just a unit out the door does them no good.

Whether or not this is kosher by Sprint rules is another discussion. But, stores do what they can to make money.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just learned in another thread this is inaccurate. I experienced the same thing. However, if you go to a corporate store you can buy it off contract with no problem. What I understand from the other poster is that the partnership stores only make commission on upgrades and new lines of service. According to the poster they (the partnership store) can sell off contract, but will not offer it as an option and would rather you leave the store empty handed. I just don't get it?

Yeah, I tried the corporate stores also and they gave me the same BS. :( I contacted about 10 different Sprint stores around my area and none of them wants my $700. I guess I'll get it online and wait for it to get here. I just wanted it in my hands today. :p

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep... Titanium Gray. Beautiful.

I was thinking about getting this phone but sprint is selling the s3 for 50 bucks for new and current customers on black Friday so that's what I'm getting. The note 2 does look wicked though

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Got mine to day and just got home to play with it. Went first thing this morning and was number 5 on the list. This thing is big lol but i love it.

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I called around and finally found a silver one and got it about 9am.. The first thing I noticed is it doesn't seem to be able to block numbers like my evo, I need to block my babys momma asap anyone know how?
And How do I boot it into recovery? thanks

The app MR Number let's you block certain numbers that's what I use for all the telemarketers

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about getting this phone but sprint is selling the s3 for 50 bucks for new and current customers on black Friday so that's what I'm getting. The note 2 does look wicked though

Having come from an S3, you really couldn't go wrong. :cool:

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Got mine and I and in I am love. I cant imagine a feature that a new phone may have that
would cause me to let this phone go.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD