No google wallet available for your device?

MdKnight

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It says my device is not supported? Why is this happening? :(:'(

If you're rooted, try again. I just read around here somewhere that Wallet will say unsupported on rooted devices, but still work.

If not, maybe check for an update? There should be a major update to Wallet coming soon anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
So when it's working how do u use it? Am still not getting how it supposed to work! I guess I would have to Google it.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought only certain devices were supported and I don't think the Note 2 is one of them... I could be wrong if Sprint changed it so that every phone with NFC can use Google Wallet

EDIT: This is the Sprint site about Google Wallet It looks like the only devices that are supported are: Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus Elite, and LG Viper. I hope they have plans to support the newer phones like the GS3 and GN2!

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought only certain devices were supported and I don't think the Note 2 is one of them... I could be wrong if Sprint changed it so that every phone with NFC can use Google Wallet

EDIT: This is the Sprint site about Google Wallet It looks like the only devices that are supported are: Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus Elite, and LG Viper. I hope they have plans to support the newer phones like the GS3 and GN2!

You obviously need root, but the GS3 is already supported and the GNII is currently being worked on. There's a thread on the method over at XDA. Just look in the Sprint GS3 or GNII general sections.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

RamonaDave

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I was able to successfully sideload GW on my stock Sprint GN2 running MC2, no rooting required. The app loaded (once I changed the security setting to allow Unknown sources) and communicated with Google. The only problem is it didn't work in the local Stater Bros where my wife has used GW on her GS3.

2013-05-05%2015.12.00.png

evobassfish

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was able to successfully sideload GW on my stock Sprint GN2 running MC2, no rooting required. The app loaded (once I changed the security setting to allow Unknown sources) and communicated with Google. The only problem is it didn't work in the local Stater Bros where my wife has used GW on her GS3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lblg81gfz65h9wv/2013-05-05 15.12.00.png
Just exactly how and what did you communicate to google to get wallet running? I can get the app to side load and open but it wont finale the setup and says device failed to setup wallet for purchases.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just exactly how and what did you communicate to google to get wallet running? I can get the app to side load and open but it wont finale the setup and says device failed to setup wallet for purchases.

Same here

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

cc1981

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's happening because you have an older version of google wallet. I found it the other day on XDA. It works fine and I'm not rooted.

RamonaDave

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm also running APK V16. It just logged onto my google account (from WiFi). It took a while to load (5+ minutes). I just let it go.

Has anyone successfully used it to make a purchase?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc