You have GOT to be kidding me.. No WiMAX???

bustaone

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Shiny new phone, stuck on sprint's HORIBAD 3G. Same 3G that is shared with all the prepaid networks. Horrible.
Convienent not to mention that before I bought it damned sprint. :mad:

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your kidding right? Months ago sprint announced ( it was on this site by the way ) that they weren't doing any new wimax phones. The phone has a 4G LTE radio inside in place of the wimax one. Wimax really isn't all that compared to LTE. Sprint and clearwire went their separate ways more or less concerning wimax. Google when your area should get LTE. I'll take your Note 2 for my GS2 lol.

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
You get reliable wimax? I get it while at work but right now I don't even have 3G. Phone says 1x up top there LOL! Embrace wifi.... Delaware isn't even on the list to get the LTE soon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
This has always been an LTE only phone, just the the SGIII. I don't know of any new Wimax phones being released?

We have Wimax in Madison WI, but it's spotty. There's just a few areas. I RARELY turn on the Wimax radio on my 3VO because I'm rarely in a wimax area.

It sounds like you didn't do your homework. Sorry, but it says there is a LTE radio in the phone. Just like the HTC phones.

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You get reliable wimax? I get it while at work but right now I don't even have 3G. Phone says 1x up top there LOL! Embrace wifi.... Delaware isn't even on the list to get the LTE soon.

Well I live in the DMV area so I am down 95 from you. I work in DC, live in MD. No wimax in MD, I think wimax in dc where I work. There is wimax in Va though, I use it on the metro of all places. I don't use it honestly though. I have no need for it. Wimax was never really reliable because it's penetration sucked and the coverage was spotty at best. It couldn't get through buildings to save it's life.
Use this to see if your coverage was updated by sprint (hopefully it was): https://network.sprint.com/
If you are only getting 1X, try a PRL and profile update. That may work, especially if you have updated the OS recently.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Shiny new phone, stuck on sprint's HORIBAD 3G. Same 3G that is shared with all the prepaid networks. Horrible.

Lol DO I SMELL A TROLL

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I get wimax ALL OVER the city of Chicago including in my house but even I knew that the new note isn't wimax capable

bustaone

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol DO I SMELL A TROLL

Not a troll man, stuck on 3g with my great new phone for 6 more months at least till the LTE here. My GS2 got great 4g here, my main reason for the upgrade was the damned GPS in that sucked terribly. Now I can hardly even check my fantasy football team. 3G here is so overloaded you get like 28.8k baud modem speeds.

It was a rotten surprise to me.

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Your kidding right? Months ago sprint announced ( it was on this site by the way ) that they weren't doing any new wimax phones. The phone has a 4G LTE radio inside in place of the wimax one. Wimax really isn't all that compared to LTE. Sprint and clearwire went their separate ways more or less concerning wimax. Google when your area should get LTE. I'll take your Note 2 for my GS2 lol.

Sprint and Clearwire Seperate ways? Sprint buys majority control of Clearwire......What phone does he have that would be new that has 4G wimax? That stopped those....And WiMax 4G will be in service til around 2014.....

JAJameson2010

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are only getting 1X, try a PRL and profile update. That may work, especially if you have updated the OS recently.

Thanks I'll try the prl today, but I'm not holding out much hope.. LOL all I can really do is patiently wait for the LTE

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
You should truly learn to read. If you read ANYTHING about this phone, it has been marketed as an LTE phone. LTE does not mean WIMAX. Sprint said they weren't going to be selling anymore WIMAX phones. Where have you been in the past 6 months?

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not a troll man, stuck on 3g with my great new phone for 6 more months at least till the LTE here. My GS2 got great 4g here, my main reason for the upgrade was the damned GPS in that sucked terribly. Now I can hardly even check my fantasy football team. 3G here is so overloaded you get like 28.8k baud modem speeds.

It was a rotten surprise to me.

Why on earth is it a surprise? Do you read anything about the products you buy before you buy them? The specs never mention Wimax, only LTE. Also, if you were even nominally keeping track of mobile news, you would know that Sprint decided to phase out Wimax in favor of LTE, what, like a year ago? If it's a surprise, then it's only your own fault for not doing any research before buying an expensive phone...

Anyway, if you don't like it I think you have 14 days to bring it back so that you can hold onto your old Wimax phone? Or you might consider buying one off Craigs List or eBay since most are going to probably be fairly inexpensive since probably the most recent one is about a year old at this point, maybe slightly less?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Alright folks lets give the OP a break, they either made a mistake or wasn't informed enough on the device before purchasing it. Whatever the case were not here to bash or tag anyone as a troll.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I can see where many people are still confused, after all LTE & WiMax are both marketed as "4G". Many common folks today still don't even understand or care about what this whole WiMax to LTE change over is all about with Sprint, they just know when they purchased the phone or device it was marketed as "4G" or having faster internet.

We have to give people a break and try to help educate them the best we can from within these forums.

That's my 2 cents.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Alright folks lets give the OP a break, they either made a mistake or wasn't informed enough on the device before purchasing it. Whatever the case were not here to bash or tag anyone as a troll.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

I'm sorry Paul but COME ON BRO lol. Sprint announced this multiple times since the note 2 came out where has this dude been???

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry Paul but COME ON BRO lol. Sprint announced this multiple times since the note 2 came out where has this dude been???

People make mistakes, dude. It happens. No point in beating it into the ground.

I know of several people who didn't know that Wimax was done, or that there was even a difference between it and LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know its hard to believe but there are more people than you think that are in the dark or confused over this who WiMax to LTE switch over. To them its simply 4G, thats what they associate it with since its the common term used among carriers. So its very easy to see mistakes or the wrong purchase happening.