11-09-2012 10:32 PM
49 12
tools
    I can't get the phone to wake using S-Voice or Google Now. I've used the default "Hi, Galaxy" and "Google". I tried recording my own voice saying Hi, Galaxy, that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?
    10-30-2012 11:05 AM
    I can't get the phone to wake using S-Voice or Google Now. I've used the default "Hi, Galaxy" and "Google". I tried recording my own voice saying Hi, Galaxy, that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?
    I don't think that Google Now has a wake up command; but S-Voice will let you, but you need to turn the option on in settings. It's off by default, since it's a bit of a battery drainer.
    10-30-2012 11:13 AM
    I don't think that Google Now has a wake up command; but S-Voice will let you, but you need to turn the option on in settings. It's off by default, since it's a bit of a battery drainer.
    I do have it set On. Wake up Command is checked. You can get this to work? I have wet hands often during the day, so it would be worth the battery drain to be able to wake the phone. Google Now does have a setting in it's Settings/ Voice/ Hotword detection - Say Google to launch voice search is checked.
    10-30-2012 11:57 AM
    I do have it set On. Wake up Command is checked. You can get this to work? I have wet hands often during the day, so it would be worth the battery drain to be able to wake the phone. Google Now does have a setting in it's Settings/ Voice/ Hotword detection - Say Google to launch voice search is checked.
    You're right... Never noticed that before!

And no, it not working for me either. It's also not working on my (now my wife's) S3 running JB. Maybe it's a Jellybean issue?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    10-30-2012 12:55 PM
    Ah... Looks like you have to turn the screen, then say the wake up command.

That's dumb.

Still can't get Google Now to open with a wake up Command.

10-30-2012 12:59 PM

That's dumb.

Still can't get Google Now to open with a wake up Command.

Have you tried going into Google Now and then saying Google? It's not meant to open Google Now, it's just to start a voice search from within Google Now. Otherwise it would drain a ton of battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-30-2012 01:14 PM
    Have you tried going into Google Now and then saying Google? It's not meant to open Google Now, it's just to start a voice search from within Google Now. Otherwise it would drain a ton of battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    You are 100% right... Worked just fine.

That's a bit confusing, though.

10-30-2012 01:44 PM

That's dumb.
    I've tried it with the screen on, off, inside the app, can't get it to wake up. I even tried cursing at it, didn't work. And yes, it's useless if I have to touch the phone, open the app, then say Hi, Galaxy.
    10-30-2012 01:44 PM
    I've tried it with the screen on, off, inside the app, can't get it to wake up. I even tried cursing at it, didn't work. And yes, it's useless if I have to touch the phone, open the app, then say Hi, Galaxy.
    You can tell it's on when you look at the lock screen and there's a microphone at the bottom. Then it works (for me); it unlocks the phone and launches S-Voice. The app doesn't need to stay open. Still not as useful, since you have to turn the screen on first.

You might want to try to turning on motion control, just in case that's somehow blocking it.

Attached Thumbnails Initial Note II Bugs-uploadfromtaptalk1351623693256.jpg  
    10-30-2012 02:02 PM
    You can tell it's on when you look at the lock screen and there's a microphone at the bottom. Then it works (for me); it unlocks the phone and launches S-Voice. The app doesn't need to stay open. Still not as useful, since you have to turn the screen on first.

You might want to try to turning on motion control, just in case that's somehow blocking it.

Holy Smoly, forget the dang locking/unlocking - what a beautiful lock screen!!!! That silver is stunning.
    10-30-2012 02:24 PM
    Holy Smoly, forget the dang locking/unlocking - what a beautiful lock screen!!!! That silver is stunning.
    Captain America himself polished that shield!
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    10-31-2012 12:59 AM
    Only issue I have had is the native email client not able to talk to my Exchange server. It keeps saying "Incorrect username or password". Good thing I had already purchased the full version of Moxier prior to purchasing this phone, cause it seems to work just fine.
    10-31-2012 11:15 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with the snooze on the alarm clock? I swear it's 50-50 whether or not it works for me...
    I suppose it could be 100% my fault- and in my wild swinging to slide the ring, I'm just hitting the wrong one.
    Not a big deal, but I like the setup on it with all of the extra options, and would prefer to not have to install a 3rd party.
    10-31-2012 01:53 PM
    I believe there is lag because the device clocks down the processor to save battery. I will take better battery any day over instant screen power on, so I hope they don't change it. Also that is pretty nit picky to complain about.
    11-03-2012 04:17 PM
    Am not sure if it's a bug but why do my WiFi turn on by itself? I have it to off when I am not at home but everytime I turn around WiFi is on again! Any idea how to keep it off? and not turned on by itself? Thanks! am using Sprint NOTE 2.
    11-03-2012 05:05 PM
    Am not sure if it's a bug but why do my WiFi turn on by itself? I have it to off when I am not at home but everytime I turn around WiFi is on again! Any idea how to keep it off? and not turned on by itself? Thanks! am using Sprint NOTE 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Initial Note II Bugs-uploadfromtaptalk1351984656600.jpg   Initial Note II Bugs-uploadfromtaptalk1351984679397.jpg   Initial Note II Bugs-uploadfromtaptalk1351984693995.jpg   Initial Note II Bugs-uploadfromtaptalk1351984712424.jpg  
    Mweuch likes this.
    11-03-2012 06:18 PM
    Thank you very much sir! Uncle Louie for ur help! Got it squared away now. Thank you
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    11-03-2012 09:24 PM
    The big problem I am having is with my S Pen. I know you can see the cursor when you hover over the screen but when I try to use the Spen in note or anything it draws without touching the screen, it chooses apps and opens things without touching the screen. If feels like it is way to sensitive. When i do this with my Note 10.1 nothing it works like it should. Anyone finding this in with there note and S Pen? Try waving it ibn front of the screen with snote open on a blank page and see if you can draw or if it marks it.
    11-03-2012 09:53 PM
    The big problem I am having is with my S Pen. I know you can see the cursor when you hover over the screen but when I try to use the Spen in note or anything it draws without touching the screen, it chooses apps and opens things without touching the screen. If feels like it is way to sensitive. When i do this with my Note 10.1 nothing it works like it should. Anyone finding this in with there note and S Pen? Try waving it ibn front of the screen with snote open on a blank page and see if you can draw or if it marks it.
    My Sprint friend mentioned this to me today...does anyone know where sensitivity settings are for the S-Pen? Not under S-Pen, and I dont have the Note 2 here to search around.

Here is the other thread on this, they mention the tip is stuck/tapping it a few times/replacing it/button was stuck...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...en-issues.html
    sndplace likes this.
    11-07-2012 01:10 PM
    My Sprint friend mentioned this to me today...does anyone know where sensitivity settings are for the S-Pen? Not under S-Pen, and I dont have the Note 2 here to search around.

Here is the other thread on this, they mention the tip is stuck/tapping it a few times/replacing it/button was stuck...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...en-issues.html
    LOL so i can either return the pen for a new one or smack it hard a few times to see if that works. LOL I love Android, Samsung and Sprint. Thanks for the link
    11-07-2012 04:38 PM
    LOL so i can either return the pen for a new one or smack it hard a few times to see if that works. LOL I love Android, Samsung and Sprint. Thanks for the link
    yeah, we tried tapping the pen tip and it seemed to behave for a bit afterwards. Ultimately it rears it's head again. But, I also wonder if it has to do with being recently active, and related sensitivity to that.

Someone mentioned settings of sensitivity, which was our first idea to try...but, the person never replied to others requests for a link to that. I don't have the phone yet, so didnt have time to check around. The S-Pen settings did not have the sensitivity options, it seemed. Maybe have to dig for them, not sure.

I would try the pen tip tapping idea...the side button is not used for writing, so it may be the tip. It doesn't really seem 'stuck' though, so who knows. I'd like to see my phone model have this issue or not, in order to help my friend and I resolve it...but he may bring the stylus back to Sprint if he can get in the 14-day return window.

But, check the other thread and perhaps around the web for any complaints/solutions in the future. ATT and VZW customers make up a lot of Note 2 users and they will be chiming in soon! (I am w/ATT and waiting for shipment today)
    11-07-2012 05:23 PM
    The Sprint store I bought my phone from would not exchange the stylus when I was experiencing the same trouble. They did exchange the entire phone though. The new stylus is nearly flawless and vastly improves my enjoyment of an already great phone. To all having issues; get a new stylus or new phone it is a sticking hardware issue and not a software issue alone. Go to the store and use their stylus if you need proof. For them or for you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    11-07-2012 06:55 PM
    I've had my Note 2 for almost a week now. I had the G3 for about 2 hours and had problems with it right out of the box so I went back to my 4G Touch. Then I heard the Note 2 was coming to Sprint so I decided to wait for it. I am having a couple of issues. I had screen lag but a friend at work turned off the SVoice and the lag went away.

When I am on a call and have to press a number on the keypad, the screen is dark. Tapping the home button or power button doesn't do anything. This has happened a handful of times and is becoming frustating. Can't end a call either because the screen goes dark and I can't get the screen to come back on. Left a voice message for someone and couldn't end the call. I could still hear the phone prompts from their answering service.

Then today, Touch Wiz did a couple of force closes. My wallpaper was changed somehow to the stock screen image.

The stock email app has been acting up too. I tap on the email to check messages and it acts like it's frozen. I delete messages but they don't delete. I noticed the mail app is using the battery big time.

Could my phone be defective?
    11-09-2012 08:46 PM
    The only annoying 'bug' I've got is this. I'm running Nova. If I get a new email and select it from the notification bar I'll be in gmail. I hit back twice to exit out of gmail and I end up in Touchwiz. Hit the middle home button at this point and back to Nova.

No idea why it drops back to Touchwiz when you select and read a message from gmail and exit out using the back button. Strange. Nova is the default. Launching gmail, reading email and then exiting out with the back button goes back to Nova. Only if you start gmail from the notification bar does it go to Nova when exiting out with the back button.
    11-09-2012 10:32 PM
49 12