Initial Note II Bugs

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I sold back my S2 so I do not notice the lag on start up because i dont have my other phone to compare it to. Its a bit nit picky but I could see how it would be annoying in comparison. Also from reading the reviews I think the Note 2 definitely does not support SVDO and that was one of the few negatives I read. Whether it has a capability to even do so is anyone's guess. I too was also bummed about the multiwindow feature as well. Should be out of the box.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Can Sammy fix wake up lag on SGN2? They sure couldn't on ET4G.
I'm thinking this has something to do with exynos chipset / cdma hardware clash of some sort.

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with Sprint tech support directed them to lag video and their investigating.

I recommend everyone else do the same.

You can also tweet @sprintcare and @SamsungMobileUS

Its a sweet device and deserves attention on getting wakeup lag fixed so don't slack!
Get the word out

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Why does the phone always reset the "keep wifi during sleep" option? I keep setting it to only when plugged in, but when I look at it again, it's reset to always. Anyone else have that issue?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
With my GS2 (ET4G) this lag was caused by the use of microSD cards. Whenever a microSD card is installed in my phone, there is a HORRIBLE wake up lag between pressing the power button and the screen illuminating- exactly as the video in the OP's post shows. If I remove the microSD card there is no lag whatsoever. Not sure if that relates to this at all, but thought it was worth mentioning...

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea i noticed that too. When i got the phone there was no noticeable lag. but after putting the SD card in from my GS2 It does turn on slow. Bu after a few times of turning on and off it speeds up. Maybe theres some kind of deep standby mode to save battery life. What bugs me more though is the fact that we can't use data during calls. Now your saying on 3g but can we use 4g and talk ? It still socks that we can't use 3g but if on 4g we can at least its something.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt call this a bug per se, but when you bring the notification screen down, in all the videos Ive seen on the N2 there were more options at the top (which you could get to by scrolling). I only have wifi bluetooth gps sync screen rotation. And its not scrollable to get to other options or customizable from what I see.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And on the lock screen, there is no way, from what I can see, to change where the clock is located and where weather is located. I could change to top and bottom of screen on my SGS2 and this was particularly helpful when you use pictures as lock screen so you dont have a face underneath the weather and what not. just a mild irritation!

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Yea i noticed that too. When i got the phone there was no noticeable lag. but after putting the SD card in from my GS2 It does turn on slow. Bu after a few times of turning on and off it speeds up. Maybe theres some kind of deep standby mode to save battery life. What bugs me more though is the fact that we can't use data during calls. Now your saying on 3g but can we use 4g and talk ? It still socks that we can't use 3g but if on 4g we can at least its something.

No the phone has svlte which will allow for voice/data over 4G. It just doesn't have svdo which allows for it over 3g. My partner has the sgs3 on sprint and can do voice/data over 3g. I'm jealous. Lol.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
With my GS2 (ET4G) this lag was caused by the use of microSD cards. Whenever a microSD card is installed in my phone, there is a HORRIBLE wake up lag between pressing the power button and the screen illuminating- exactly as the video in the OP's post shows. If I remove the microSD card there is no lag whatsoever. Not sure if that relates to this at all, but thought it was worth mentioning...
Nah unfortunately with GN2 wake lag occurs even with with mSD card out unlike ET4G.
This issue is very popular with Sammy devices.....especially ones in Sprint lineup.
It would be nice if master hacker could figure out fix but by the looks that will never happen.
Hopefully Sprint/Samsung make fix available soon

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Why does the phone always reset the "keep wifi during sleep" option? I keep setting it to only when plugged in, but when I look at it again, it's reset to always. Anyone else have that issue?

Go into mobile network settings disable "Connection Optimizer" & problem will be solved

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
hmm maybe something to work with hack wise.
Ive found wakeup lag doesn't occur when device is fully charged plugged into charger.
Give it a try be amazed how GN2 owners on other networks feel waking up device

ernielee80

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I need some help please! just got the note 2, and the problem is while i watch video clips/movies/etc, the screen goes black, i believe its screen saving? doest anyone have this problem??

kgbj83

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with GPS in outside apps? Works perfectly fine with Maps and any other pre-installed apps but all other I've tried fail to obtain a location.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ive found bug when setting up voicemail.
During call screen goes black not allowing me to enter numbers.

Update
It appears to be caused by light sensor being radically sensitive.
Cast a shadow during call entering numbers screen turns off

Last edited:

manuelromney

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that the screen goes dull, like it blinks when watching a video and the screen is about to rotate, after the rotation, the dullness goes away. , I didn't have this on my s3. Also, I can't seem to get smart rotation to work. My screen always rotates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad