Initial Note II Bugs

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if the lag when turning the phone on is caused by that other new feature, forgot the name of it, where with the phone laying on a flat surface you can check your notifications by swiping the hand over the phone (to activate the proximity sensor). The screen will light up and shows your your missed calls, and other notifications. Just a wild guess on my part, I don't have my Note 2 yet. People complained about home button lag on the S3 and the culprit was the home button waiting to see if you will double tap it to bring up SVoice. The lag was cured by turning the double click S Voice feature off.

BryonBarnes

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
That feature has been hit or miss for me so far (made me look stupid while trying to show isheep friends) lol and as far as the wake up lag I my note 2 has been stupid fast and no bugs or lag of any kind... still waiting for sprint to push the firmware update for multiscreen.
I am wondering if the lag when turning the phone on is caused by that other new feature, forgot the name of it, where with the phone laying on a flat surface you can check your notifications by swiping the hand over the phone (to activate the proximity sensor). The screen will light up and shows your your missed calls, and other notifications. Just a wild guess on my part, I don't have my Note 2 yet. People complained about home button lag on the S3 and the culprit was the home button waiting to see if you will double tap it to bring up SVoice. The lag was cured by turning the double click S Voice feature off.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That feature has been hit or miss for me so far (made me look stupid while trying to show isheep friends) lol and as far as the wake up lag I my note 2 has been stupid fast and no bugs or lag of any kind... still waiting for sprint to push the firmware update for multiscreen.

Good to hear. Maybe it's a case of the famous "do a factory reset before you even start setting it up" procedure to make sure the phone works right? I think that feature only works if the phone is sitting on a table or other flat surface. Holding it in your hand will cause it to not work or work only on occasion?

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have trouble with Smart Rotation too. I wear glasses. If I take my glasses off it still have problems if I hold the phone 8" from my face. If I hold it 12"+ it works 'slightly' better.

I gave up and use the pull down and switch to Screen Rotation to off. Less frustrating and works 100% of the time. :)

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Voice to Wake

I can't get the phone to wake using S-Voice or Google Now. I've used the default "Hi, Galaxy" and "Google". I tried recording my own voice saying Hi, Galaxy, that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Voice to Wake

I can't get the phone to wake using S-Voice or Google Now. I've used the default "Hi, Galaxy" and "Google". I tried recording my own voice saying Hi, Galaxy, that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

I don't think that Google Now has a wake up command; but S-Voice will let you, but you need to turn the option on in settings. It's off by default, since it's a bit of a battery drainer.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Voice to Wake

I don't think that Google Now has a wake up command; but S-Voice will let you, but you need to turn the option on in settings. It's off by default, since it's a bit of a battery drainer.
I do have it set On. Wake up Command is checked. You can get this to work? I have wet hands often during the day, so it would be worth the battery drain to be able to wake the phone. Google Now does have a setting in it's Settings/ Voice/ Hotword detection - Say Google to launch voice search is checked.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I do have it set On. Wake up Command is checked. You can get this to work? I have wet hands often during the day, so it would be worth the battery drain to be able to wake the phone. Google Now does have a setting in it's Settings/ Voice/ Hotword detection - Say Google to launch voice search is checked.

You're right... Never noticed that before!

And no, it not working for me either. It's also not working on my (now my wife's) S3 running JB. Maybe it's a Jellybean issue?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ah... Looks like you have to turn the screen, then say the wake up command.

That's dumb.

Still can't get Google Now to open with a wake up Command.

MrZackarius

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

That's dumb.

Still can't get Google Now to open with a wake up Command.

Have you tried going into Google Now and then saying Google? It's not meant to open Google Now, it's just to start a voice search from within Google Now. Otherwise it would drain a ton of battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going into Google Now and then saying Google? It's not meant to open Google Now, it's just to start a voice search from within Google Now. Otherwise it would drain a ton of battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You are 100% right... Worked just fine.

That's a bit confusing, though.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

That's dumb.
I've tried it with the screen on, off, inside the app, can't get it to wake up. I even tried cursing at it, didn't work. And yes, it's useless if I have to touch the phone, open the app, then say Hi, Galaxy.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried it with the screen on, off, inside the app, can't get it to wake up. I even tried cursing at it, didn't work. And yes, it's useless if I have to touch the phone, open the app, then say Hi, Galaxy.

You can tell it's on when you look at the lock screen and there's a microphone at the bottom. Then it works (for me); it unlocks the phone and launches S-Voice. The app doesn't need to stay open. Still not as useful, since you have to turn the screen on first.

You might want to try to turning on motion control, just in case that's somehow blocking it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351623693256.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351623693256.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 40

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You can tell it's on when you look at the lock screen and there's a microphone at the bottom. Then it works (for me); it unlocks the phone and launches S-Voice. The app doesn't need to stay open. Still not as useful, since you have to turn the screen on first.

You might want to try to turning on motion control, just in case that's somehow blocking it.

Holy Smoly, forget the dang locking/unlocking - what a beautiful lock screen!!!! That silver is stunning.

Traxion

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I have had is the native email client not able to talk to my Exchange server. It keeps saying "Incorrect username or password". Good thing I had already purchased the full version of Moxier prior to purchasing this phone, cause it seems to work just fine.

crackisntwack

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the snooze on the alarm clock? I swear it's 50-50 whether or not it works for me...
I suppose it could be 100% my fault- and in my wild swinging to slide the ring, I'm just hitting the wrong one.
Not a big deal, but I like the setup on it with all of the extra options, and would prefer to not have to install a 3rd party.

BdawgTrap

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe there is lag because the device clocks down the processor to save battery. I will take better battery any day over instant screen power on, so I hope they don't change it. Also that is pretty nit picky to complain about.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Am not sure if it's a bug but why do my WiFi turn on by itself? I have it to off when I am not at home but everytime I turn around WiFi is on again! Any idea how to keep it off? and not turned on by itself? Thanks! am using Sprint NOTE 2.