Has anyone rooted their Sprint Samsung Note 2 yet? (SPH-9100)

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work over wifi. One person I believed got it to work over Bluetooth but I couldn't get it to work with my iPad either way. :(

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
did you try to adjust the settings in the Wifi Tethering app? Change it to "generic ICS/JB" and see if that works for you

I haven't tried it myself (yet), but the Wifi Tether app itself hasn't been updated to work with Jelly Bean yet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
what app do i download so that i can change themes on my phone? i have rooted it already. im new to this stuff.

Themes are applied normally by flashing a custom ROM that is themed to a developers specific vision.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to get force roam to work or wifi tethering with my rooted n2 . Any luck?

Hi there but what exactly is "force roam?" Is it something that gets ur phone better network signals? If so I might root my phone. Been thinking about rooting for a long time but just haven't done it yet. Thanks

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
what app do i download so that i can change themes on my phone? i have rooted it already. im new to this stuff.

You might want to try a launcher like "Go Launcher" and then you can download and apply different themes as u like. Try looking up Go Launcher and Go Launcher themes. Hope that helps.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there but what exactly is "force roam?" Is it something that gets ur phone better network signals? If so I might root my phone. Been thinking about rooting for a long time but just haven't done it yet. Thanks

Force roam is forcing your phone to switch to a roaming tower from one of sprints roaming partners. In most cases it's a Verizon tower. You force your phone to use a Verizon prl. In the note 2 you were able to force roam without root but after the latest ota update they disabled that feature.
Now you have to root to be able to force roam. First thing you need to do if you have never done it on the note 2 is watch the force roam video on the note 2 from the www.qbking77.com website. Once you know how to do it then you can root and install a zip file that will undo the block sprint included in the latest ota update.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Force roam is forcing your phone to switch to a roaming tower from one of sprints roaming partners. In most cases it's a Verizon tower. You force your phone to use a Verizon prl. In the note 2 you were able to force roam without root but after the latest ota update they disabled that feature.
Now you have to root to be able to force roam. First thing you need to do if you have never done it on the note 2 is watch the force roam video on the note 2 from the QbKing77 ← Your Android Device Simplified website. Once you know how to do it then you can root and install a zip file that will undo the block sprint included in the latest ota update.

Thank you sir for the detailed respond! I will be looking into rooting soon. Thanks much.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you sir for the detailed respond! I will be looking into rooting soon. Thanks much.

I rooted mine with my Mac using the terminal option with cwm recovery. It only took about 5_8 minutes. Only problem is that method doesn't allow nandroid backup. I recommend using twrp. Check out galaxynote2root.com. they have both methods and more. Have fun and as always be careful with rooting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1