Returning my GN2 for a replacement!!!

polsoft

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I have to return my GN2 and exchange it, because the problem cannot be fixed said one of the sprint store reps. The problem that I had started on Friday, my wifi connection had very poor signal and a very slow link speed and on Saturday it finally stop working, every time that I tried to connect to my home router it said authentication error and wrong password so I even took out the password of my router to make it open and nothing still the same error with or w/o password protection and I even went to different places with wifi and nothing same thing. Everything else works fine so I'm going tomorrow to see if they have a replacement....... :mad:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My friend had wifi issues on his GS3. It would connect for less than a minute, then disconnect and after that it wouldn't even find the network anymore, or if it did, it wouldn't connect to it. He did a factory reset and it started working again, but some time after doing that it went to being wonky again. It's probably a good idea that you get a replacement. Nothing worse than wiping all your stuff out to "fix" the issue, just for it to return after the 2 week return period.

PastorDroid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the GN2 on it's release date (this past Thursday) through Sprint. Got it home got set up, connected...everything worked beautifully.

After a couple of hours, downloading apps etc. I noticed it had stalled. Turned off WiFI and used the network to finish. Turned back on WiFi and Voila, action again, but a few hours later it stalled.

I first made sure all of my settings were in agreement. No sleep mode or anything like that was enabled. No power saver either.

Couple hours goes by, WiFi connectivity stalls (even though it shows a full signal) I contacted TWC and made sure it wasn't the modem/router. I changed the wifi channel, tinked with the bandwidth... everything worked...an hour later it stalled. Called Sprint they said I had a dud, took it back, exchanged it, got the new one... SAME ISSUES. YEsterday I connected to my Church network HOPING it was an issue at home, but not so. After an hour on the network it stalled.

Contacted Samsung today and they have had no complaints according to them so i said I'm happy to be the first... If anyone finds a fix please let me know.

PD

polsoft

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I just replaced it today, they gave me a brand new one and so far no complain, i'm gonna wait till tomorrow, but hoping it'll be ok. If I was you get a replacement again cuz I think it's a hardware problem.

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last Friday. As I was setting it up it would back out of things. I fought it and got it working. But when I would be doing something it would still just back out. I could set it down, not touching it at all... And the buttons would be dark, then light up and it would go 'back'. Like it was haunted. I did a factory reset, and it was still happening. Went to the store last night and got my replacement, not a single problem with it. I Love it. Have a GS3 for one line and this for my second. Couldn't be happier.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing it out there, but it could actually be a bad router issue too. Just talking from experience because I had a similar problem. I initially thought it was the phone but my router was old and not functioning well anymore, kept kicking me out of wifi after sleeping a bit. Doesnt do it anymore with a new router.

Hope you get it solved!

TheBundo

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing it out there, but it could actually be a bad router issue too. Just talking from experience because I had a similar problem. I initially thought it was the phone but my router was old and not functioning well anymore, kept kicking me out of wifi after sleeping a bit. Doesnt do it anymore with a new router.

Hope you get it solved!

Since most homes are running more than one thing on the router most all the time, I think if it were the router, you would know it, because everything "connected" would likely drop out at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000