Restore to Note2 from backup made on 3vo

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have my Note2 on order. I currently have a 3vo and use MyBackup Pro to backup my 3vo. Can I simply restore my 3vo backup to my Note2 (once I have MyBackup Pro installed)? Or, will there be issues because the Note2 is JB and the 3vo is ICS? Would I be able to restore things like pics, SMS, MMS?

Thanks in advance!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Find another way for SMS, MMS. I would only restore the apps with no data. Pictures you can backup with either Dropbox or just by moving them to your PC.

I am not sure how well things would play out with SMS and MMS. I guess you could try and if goes south, just do a reset.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Honestly you are going to have to look to someone else for that. I flash so much that I do not even think about keeping that stuff anymore. If it is something from a MMS, i save it to the sdcard. Noone sends me any texts that are life and death. If I do get a work one or something along those lines, I just forward it to my email.

Just be sure you do not restore any system files or you will soft brick the new phone more than likely. When you restore your apps, OPEN each one after it installs. Lately I have been noticing people complaining about battery drain when restoring apps. Some of them want attention (to accept EULA and the like) and keep starting up until they get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781