11-13-2013 12:30 AM
102 ... 2345
tools
    This seems to be the best place for Galaxy Note 2 car charger info on the web!

I bought this charger: Amazon.com: Satechi CA-2421STB Car Lighter USB Charger Adapter with Smart Converter for iPad 2 & 3, iPhone 4S & 5, Samsung Galaxy S II & S III, BlackBerry Playbook, HTC Flyer, Android Phones (2.1 AMP): Cell Phones & Accessories
    It seemed like a good bet because it comes with an adapter that claims to correct the issue of Android devices charging at the low rate.
    (I also wanted a "flush mount" plug, and the others listed here as "sure to work" seemed large.)

However, I find that my Note 2 shows "(AC)" whether I use the adapter or not on this car charger!
    It seems confusing that this charger specifically says you need the adapter to make it charge at the fast rate with android devices, but the Note 2 shows "(AC)" with or without the adapter.

FYI: Just to test, I tried plugging my phone into a wall charger that says its maximum output is 500ma, and it does say "(USB)" under the battery settings with a 500ma wall charger!

I have not done any charge time measurements yet.
    02-08-2013 01:47 PM
    Anyone draw a conclusion to the car charger situation? Im on the hunt now too and this thread was the closest I've found to a conclusion? Can anyone confrim a car charger that will charge at the full 2.1?
    04-25-2013 04:33 PM
    Set Your Location

Based on the included cable and one of the reviews stating rather quick charging with a Note 2, it would seem this one works. Not sure how every one else feels about buying from a VZW store, but I believe it to at least be an option.

Edit: As an aside, I have the wall wart version that they sell, and it works perfect with my note 2, so you can take that for what its worth.
    04-25-2013 04:54 PM
    I think that the charger I purchased, and mentioned in a previous post, is doing the job.

Do you have a specific test you want me to run to confirm? So far I'm just basing my opinion on the presence of the word "(AC)" in the Battery section of Settings.
    04-29-2013 05:16 PM
    How about this for a long term test. The Scosche car charger just crapped out. One of the pieces on the 1a section that orients the USB charger from only entering the correct way fell out and one of the pins got damaged. My overall reviews in the 6month time period that I used it was good. The design was kind of cheap, and it would occasionally pull out of the lighter socket. It always charged well even while using NAV and would charge our tablet "quicker than the wall outlet" so says my fiance. If it hadnt broken I still would be using it today. I plan on going with another one because the design was something to be desired. I really like the fact that this post has kept going for so long. Its funny, in the 6 months since the Note 2 came out, you can plainly see that there have been a crazy amount of 2A car chargers to flood the market. Id like to say that we were the reason! Ill let you folks know how the next one I use and how it works as well!

Ok so I did some more testing today with surprising results.

First of all the car adapter I purchased was this
    Amazon.com: Scosche reVIVE II - Dual USB Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy Tablet (GUSBC3): Electronics

I made the same 30 minute drive today. I had wifi, bluetooth, gps, sync, and screen rotation on. I made sure the only thing I was running was navigation. I went the same route to and from my friends house. Regardless of if I was in the 2.1a slot or the 1a slot I had just about the same increase in battery, 10-11%. I saw no increase with whatever slot I put it in which leads me to believe that the phone has an internal limitation of a 1a charge. I will have to do more testing because the fact that the stock wall charger was 2a was very odd. There could be reasons for this but I am not sure why unless they do this to make the charger more compatible with the larger tablets. I did notice the other day that the wall charger did not charge as fast (actually pretty slow) if I had a lot of apps running in the background which makes sense because as you use more resources the battery depletes faster. This all leads me to believe that the internal restriction of the phone is 1a.

Has anyone else found any similar results?
    04-30-2013 10:56 AM
    These TYLT one look good. They also look like they pass the amperage test. Have any reports on these? Also luvsmobile do you work for them?

I use this! Simple solution!

TYLT Y-Charge Dual USB Car Charger
    04-30-2013 11:08 AM
    Q: I have the latest Samsung Galaxy Tab and when I try to charge it through the USB port, there is a red X on the battery. Does this mean that it is not charging?
    A: No! It is charging, but the tablet thinks that it is connected to a computer port of a computer, so the tablet charges at slower computer speeds. Some of the newer tablets are configured differently and display this behavior.

These TYLT one look good. They also look like they pass the amperage test. Have any reports on these? Also luvsmobile do you work for them?
    - - - Updated - - -

Mine should be here tomorrow...
    This seems to be the best place for Galaxy Note 2 car charger info on the web!

I bought this charger: Amazon.com: Satechi CA-2421STB Car Lighter USB Charger Adapter with Smart Converter for iPad 2 & 3, iPhone 4S & 5, Samsung Galaxy S II & S III, BlackBerry Playbook, HTC Flyer, Android Phones (2.1 AMP): Cell Phones & Accessories
    It seemed like a good bet because it comes with an adapter that claims to correct the issue of Android devices charging at the low rate.
    (I also wanted a "flush mount" plug, and the others listed here as "sure to work" seemed large.)

However, I find that my Note 2 shows "(AC)" whether I use the adapter or not on this car charger!
    It seems confusing that this charger specifically says you need the adapter to make it charge at the fast rate with android devices, but the Note 2 shows "(AC)" with or without the adapter.

FYI: Just to test, I tried plugging my phone into a wall charger that says its maximum output is 500ma, and it does say "(USB)" under the battery settings with a 500ma wall charger!

I have not done any charge time measurements yet.
    05-01-2013 07:41 PM
    I saw that so I emailed the company. They have a new 4.2A Y that is different than the 2.1A Y that they based that FAQ off of. Their rep told me that the 4.2A Y had that "smart tech" in it that switches power to the correct pins for Android devices/Apple devices to get full charge so I ordered one of those. He didnt guarantee me that it wouldnt work with my tablet just that it should. I just got it today but havent been in my car. As soon as I do I will try my NOTE2 and my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and see whats going on. It looks nice i can tell you that!
    05-03-2013 11:53 AM
    OK so I took it out for my first test drive with success. It charged my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 as a normal AC read. I didnt get a chance to see what it was charging at but I went on an approximately 20min drive and gained almost 10% with no usage of the tab. My guess is that its charging at full capacity. And I was also charging my Note 2 at the same time! I will try it out this weekend using NAV!
    05-03-2013 01:31 PM
    After some research I purchased the Tylt-y 4.2 amp (dual 2.1 per port) charger from shopandroid.com for 29.95. Short test run tonite for about 30 mins. Streamed Netflix while driving. Starting battery was 94 percent. While streaming I checked battery, increased to 95 percent after several minutes, after 30 mins phone was 100 percent charged with netfilx streaming.

Will test GPS and run other test and update.
    Charles
    cmoneyct likes this.
    05-11-2013 02:15 AM
    I have been using mine for a couple months now. When charging with 2 power hungry devices at a time it charges more slowly but it always charges while using Navigation or GPS for me. And only charging one at a time its a beast. I would recommend this one for starters.
    cmoneyct likes this.
    06-28-2013 07:57 AM
    This will let you use an apple charger with an Android phone/tablet

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-US...cUvbUpU2886978

Posted via Android Central App
    06-28-2013 09:38 AM
    I got this one about 3 weeks ago. I'm very happy with it. I'm using a Galaxy S4 abs you can see the charge rate is pretty hi. I want using any apps at the time but it still charges very well when I am.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00845...cUvbUpU2889280
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Car Chargers, proper ones few and far between.-1372529018913.jpg  
    06-29-2013 01:05 PM
    Hi, Vito. Amazon's listing says "NOTE: certain tablets need a special adapter cable to work properly with our device please contact iDealpoint for further information." So, Are you using the included cable or the special adapter?

06-30-2013 04:40 PM
    No I didn't have to use the adapter. I'm using the cord that came with my s2. It seems to be working just fine.

06-30-2013 05:11 PM
    This MediaBridge charger is designed for Android devices.
    The USB ports conform to the USB standards.
    Ports are properly shorted for Android devices.

They sell a similar charger for apple that won't work

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU2891424

Posted via Android Central App
    06-30-2013 05:37 PM
    Go with the MediaBridge unit. I've been using it for the past 6 months and it's worked very well. See Post#69

Today I used it on a 3 hour trip. During that time, I ran the Navigation app and was listening to BeyondPod the entire time. It not only kept the charge, but added the charge. It didn't do it fast, but I had 2 apps running simultaneously. I bought another one for my wife to keep in her vehicle so she could charge her S4 and one of the Tablets she and my son have.
    06-30-2013 09:30 PM
    Just tried the New Trent Rapideo but apparently came DOA -- failed to charge my Asus ME301T tablet, or even slow battery drain rate. Tablet indicators showed "AC connected" (consistent with Data pins being shorted?) but battery drained at same rate with or without charger. And no LEDs illuminated on charger. Just returned it, and will now try the MediaBridge (ala post 91).
    Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For Samsung S3, Galaxy Tab, Nexus (3.1 Amp): Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-13-2013 09:13 AM
    Just tried the MediaBridge (ala post 91, link below). Again, it failed to charge my Asus ME301T tablet, but it did slow battery drain rate slightly. Tablet indicators showed "AC connected" (consistent with Data pins being shorted?) but battery drain was merely slowed. Called MediaBridge -- they picked right up and were very responsive, but, at the end of the day, they could provide no explanation beyond "they can't guarantee compatibility with every device"). So, it goes back as well, and I'll keep looking.
    Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For Samsung S3, Galaxy Tab, Nexus (3.1 Amp): Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-17-2013 02:05 PM
    I found this charger that I got with my referbished EVO 2 years ago charged my phone while using both GPS and playing music in Amazon's MP3 Player. I had been using it as a wall charger for both my phone and iPod but after my regular car charger failed miserably at the task and reading this thread I gave it a chance. Glad I did.
    07-17-2013 05:54 PM
    I got this one about 3 weeks ago. I'm very happy with it. I'm using a Galaxy S4 abs you can see the charge rate is pretty hi. I want using any apps at the time but it still charges very well when I am.
    New Trent Arcadia Rapiduo (1 pc), 10W 5V/2A Dual Port high-speed USB car charger w/ Free Full Speed Micro-USB Charging Cable (IMP80C/NT80C):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories
    What battery widget are you using?
    07-22-2013 05:15 PM
    Just tried the MediaBridge (ala post 91, link below). Again, it failed to charge my Asus ME301T tablet, but it did slow battery drain rate slightly. Tablet indicators showed "AC connected" (consistent with Data pins being shorted?) but battery drain was merely slowed. Called MediaBridge -- they picked right up and were very responsive, but, at the end of the day, they could provide no explanation beyond "they can't guarantee compatibility with every device"). So, it goes back as well, and I'll keep looking.
    So I still love my TYLT charger (4.2A dual USB charger). There is nothing that I can run on my SGN2 and not gain charge. Its a little $$ but you will have no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

So I still love my TYLT charger (4.2A dual USB charger). There is nothing that I can run on my SGN2 and not gain charge. Its a little $$ but you will have no problems.
    07-29-2013 10:05 AM
    Finally found two USB car chargers that worked for my Asus ME301T tablet. Both are distributed under the "GTMax" brand name, and both produced up to 2000mA or more. One of the two was bundled with a "travel" wall charger that also produced in the 2000mA range. Total for both orders ~$20 at Amazon, so will keep both for redundancy. Problem solved for me. Links here:
    Amazon.com: GTMax USB Car Charger & Travel Charger Power Adapters plus Micro-USB Retractable Cable for Asus MeMO Pad Smart 10 ME301T 10.1 inch Tablet: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: GTMax White Rapid Micro-USB Car Charger - 2100mA for Asus MeMO Pad Smart 10 ME301T; Google Nexus 10, Nexus 7 with *4-Color Clip Pen*: Cell Phones & Accessories
    hth
    07-30-2013 05:18 PM
    I have the Droid DNA, and was getting the slow charging notification when using a dual USB adapter in my car that I had bought for my iPad 3. I found this charger to work like a charm, model number CCHA-UNIVCARUSB1, from cellphoneshop.net. It's an actual charger with the cable, but it has a built in USB connection to charge another device at the same time. I do not get the slow charge pop up anymore, and the charger works great! Hope this helps!
    08-07-2013 01:27 AM
    I finally found a car charger that charges my phone over 1 amp.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B8M...cUvbUpU3006666

Anker 18W / 2.4A + 2.0A (3.6A max) Dual Port USB Car. Smallest Adapter to Provide Simultaneous, Full-Speed Charges to iPads and Smartphones. The corded micro-usb charges Android phones at full - speed 2.0 amps, while the usb plug is for Apple.

And it $10 and free prime shipping!

08-19-2013 02:44 PM
102 ... 2345