Car Chargers, proper ones few and far between.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Manny does both ports offer 2.1 volt or only 1 at a time? The more expensive one on amazon shows both ports doing 10w/2.1v at same time...the one you linked on shopandroid...doesn't specifically say.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Manny does both ports offer 2.1 volt or only 1 at a time? The more expensive one on amazon shows both ports doing 10w/2.1v at same time...the one you linked on shopandroid...doesn't specifically say.

I think I need to apologize for a little bit of misinformation. I just read the box again and there is an asterisk next to the dual charging mode and then it says that the two share that voltage.

Sorry about that, the devil is in the details. I must say though, my old 1 amp house chargers from my previous phones seem to charge the note 2 rather rapidly even though I haven't actually timed it.

Hope I didn't cause anyone any inconvenience.

uploadfromtaptalk1352904229274.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Will any android USB-micro usb cable work with the 2.1 volt or do you need a special one?

Does the Galaxy S3 take 2.1 amp or only 1 amp? Those are the 2 devices I'll need to charge on a trip (my note 2 and the wife's S3). Would it hurt to use a 2.1 amp charger on her phone?

I have the home charger and cable that came with the phone (its a 2.1 volt charger) and it does noticeably charge faster. I was looking at my current old crappy car charger and its only 600 milli-amp output!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe they have smart circuitry in these phones so it shouldn't get hurt. My gs3 survived the few days of charging with the 2 amp charger without any problems. People said that there is a difference between a charging and a transfer cable, but you can just use the cable that came with the gs3 to charge it on the car charger.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I got my Qmadix car charger today! I
Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

uploadfromtaptalk1353199018590.jpg

I will report back whenever I get a chance to use it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, got the other more expensive qidmax charger yesterday and tested it today. Using the charging cord that came with phone I was getting 2.1 amps or their about. Phone charged while running navigation with no issues. Charge rate slowed down some but it took it to 100% and kept it their.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This is great information, guys!

Just a quick note: when you're talking about Amperage, there's no such thing (for the purpose of this discussion) as "too much". Voltage is what matters. Voltage is "pushed" through the wire to the device, while Amperage is "pulled", meaning the device will only use as much as it wants. So... no worries about damaging a device by using a 2A charger.

I'll have to check out that low-profile one. I've got the 1A version by the same company, but it can't compete when I'm running DailyRoadsVoyager, Google Music and Navigation all at the same time for my hour drive home :) I'm hoping the phone isn't "locked" at 1A, but you might be right about the 2A charger coming with it, just because they're using it for multiple devices including tablets.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I tested my Qmadix charger and I love it! Amazing charge, from 73% to 87% on my drive home, around 20 minutes. I use the battery info widget and it showed the exact same numbers my wall charger shows. Happy dance!

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Screen shots from today's commute.

Note the times. uploadfromtaptalk1353420503975.jpg

And also look at the battery info widget.
uploadfromtaptalk1353420599270.jpg

Last one from when I plugged in.
uploadfromtaptalk1353420632187.jpg

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
luvsmobile: They are THE best looking chargers! I'm so sick of black or white accessories. I just ordered two chargers yesterday...

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've kept an assortment of car chargers, the ones that look like torpedoes or fire plugs, in my car for years. Plus a bunch of different cables. I bought a lot of them at mega-gas-stations on the big highways, I also bought some from various car tech places and, later, from Amazon. They all worked, as long as I had the necessary cable to plug in. I think the key thing here is that I rarely buy skinny cables. My cables are thick enough that I can't twist them into compact, tight skeins. None of my chargers are beautiful, but they're cheap. So are the cables. And that's good because I lose them all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9300

CRSO

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've kept an assortment of car chargers, the ones that look like torpedoes or fire plugs, in my car for years. Plus a bunch of different cables. I bought a lot of them at mega-gas-stations on the big highways, I also bought some from various car tech places and, later, from Amazon. They all worked, as long as I had the necessary cable to plug in. I think the key thing here is that I rarely buy skinny cables. My cables are thick enough that I can't twist them into compact, tight skeins. None of my chargers are beautiful, but they're cheap. So are the cables. And that's good because I lose them all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9300

The only problem with those is the charging time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae