1. Does the Sprint version have the different screen modes that were in the E4GT but are missing in the GS3? Standard, Dynamic....and I forgot what the 3rd one was?

2. Keyboard comparisons. For those that used Swiftkey on their old phone, did you right away install it again on the Note 2 because you're used to it or did you give the keyboard on the Note 2 a shot? Seems like the Note 2 stock keyboard combines the best of everything. It has a designated number row, it had a swype like function, and it learns your typing habits from what you write on FB and your emails. Just wondering if anyone has tried both and can assess how the Samsung keyboard stacks up the Swiftkey.

Thanks.
    10-30-2012 12:26 AM
    1. Yes it does. Dynamic, Standard, Natural & Movie

2. Switched to swiftkey right away.

Keep in mind I didn't even give the stock keyboard a chance so I can't compare it to swiftkey. I've had swiftkey since the beta days and the fact that it remembers all my word predictions from back then makes it kinda hard for me to start over with a new keyboard
    10-30-2012 12:57 AM
    My Swiftkey picked up some bad habits.... I am going to give the Samsung keyboard a shot once I get my phone. Thanks for the input!
    10-30-2012 01:56 AM
    The stock keyboard may have the SwiftKey prediction engine, but it's not SwiftKey. Used it for half a day fully intending to make it my default keyboard, but I missed the custom long press duration and the swipe to erase the entire word. The number row isn't a big deal if you set your long press duration to 200ms.
    almath likes this.
    10-30-2012 06:44 AM
    Manny I dumped the SGS2 ET4G (haha) for the N2 (phew) and I was using swiftkey on the old phone and have been using the samsung keyboard on this one and I actually prefer it to the swiftkey I used previously. The predictive text isnt great but as I use it more and more I can tell its learning. Its not bad.
    10-30-2012 08:14 AM
    Manny I dumped the SGS2 ET4G (haha) for the N2 (phew) and I was using swiftkey on the old phone and have been using the samsung keyboard on this one and I actually prefer it to the swiftkey I used previously. The predictive text isnt great but as I use it more and more I can tell its learning. Its not bad.
    How is using the stock keyboard with one hand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 09:57 AM
    1 handed operation is very easy when you set the keyboard for one handed use. It pushes all of the keys to the right or left depending on your choice. Combined with swiping gestures, which I normally don't like, one can type rather quickly with one hand.

I prefer swiftkey because of swiping from right to left to delete is great.

Now, I find myself handwriting more and more. For short messages this is nice, for longer ones, swiftkey. Swiping right to left in handwriting mode also deletes whatever letters or words you swipe over with the s-pen.

I switch back and forth often. I never thought I would say this but typing method notification is actually very useful because of this. I still feel like long pressing in a text field is a lot less annoying.

I hope this helps.
    10-31-2012 12:54 PM
    I have found that the stock keyboard is great in comparison with the one that came with the EVO4G. It predicts nicely, seems to learn my habits, and it doesn't inject the text, just gives you fairly good options. Obviously I'm going to have to give swiftkey a try, as well as get myself savvy with the spen.

Cheers,
    -Plaz
    10-31-2012 01:06 PM
    If you use swiftkey, do you have to manually switch to the stock keyboard to be able to use the same s pen? One reason why I just planned on sticking with the stock keyboard besides the number row and the pen functionality was that swiftkey always took a bit longer to disappear after writing a text message. After writing a message and sending it, hitting the home button usually resulted in the messaging app disappearing right away with swiftkey taking a second or two to disappear. However, ever since I got jellybean on my S3 that's not really a problem anymore. I will definitely miss the different themes of swiftkey if I do decide to stick with the stock keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 01:29 PM
    If you use swiftkey, do you have to manually switch to the stock keyboard to be able to use the same s pen? One reason why I just planned on sticking with the stock keyboard besides the number row and the pen functionality was that swiftkey always took a bit longer to disappear after writing a text message. After writing a message and sending it, hitting the home button usually resulted in the messaging app disappearing right away with swiftkey taking a second or two to disappear. However, ever since I got jellybean on my S3 that's not really a problem anymore. I will definitely miss the different themes of swiftkey if I do decide to stick with the stock keyboard.

I might not completely understand the question. SwiftKey will respond to S-Pen input like it would to your finger.
    10-31-2012 01:35 PM
    1 handed operation is very easy when you set the keyboard for one handed use. It pushes all of the keys to the right or left depending on your choice. Combined with swiping gestures, which I normally don't like, one can type rather quickly with one hand.

I prefer swiftkey because of swiping from right to left to delete is great.

Now, I find myself handwriting more and more. For short messages this is nice, for longer ones, swiftkey. Swiping right to left in handwriting mode also deletes whatever letters or words you swipe over with the s-pen.

I switch back and forth often. I never thought I would say this but typing method notification is actually very useful because of this. I still feel like long pressing in a text field is a lot less annoying.

I hope this helps.
    It did help. Just picked one up. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 01:52 PM
    I might not completely understand the question. SwiftKey will respond to S-Pen input like it would to your finger.
    I was talking about being on an app like s note and switching to handwrite recognition while swiftkey is the default keyboard, do you have to switch to the Samsung one first or will it do so automatically when it's asked recognized handwriting while swiftkey is the default keyboard?

11-01-2012 12:27 AM