Still no way to silence the shutter sound?

DEAD SE-RIOUS

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've updated my GS3 and I have the GN2....and I still can't silence the shutter sound. I thought they were ginna give the option with the jelly bean update? Anybody have any tips other than rooting?

12smile

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if you could find the shutter sound file in the program and delete it or substitue it with a sound file of silence ?

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a Korean anti-peeper law that caused the shutter sound to be required. Doubt a future software update would change that.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Toggling the "mute button" DOES work on mine, but i have the Int'l version from Samsung UK..(N7100).....i am NOT rooted & I can record and also snap a pic and if phone is on mute there is no sound. ...

So it must be something with Sprint version....(so why am I visiting THIS forum, you ask?! ) I posted a q about SGS III & Note II for my Sprint subscribin' boss Evo Dragonlady...lol) :-*

BTC

gabedonna

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
fyi the tmobile version is different in that it has a shutter sound off toggle in the camera settings. also noticed when you pull down the notifications screen the tmobile note2 has extra toggles for turning things off and on. i dont understand why sprint omitted these options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci